?? BPS Johnny Morris baitcaster ??

Started by Nessie Hunter, December 20, 2013, 04:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessie Hunter

This is the second one I have gotten in..
Johnny Morris Elit Series, JME 10 HLA..
Cant find a schematic anywhere..
I can get the rght side off (left hand reel) push emblem and turn (very hard).
But the handle side is the problem!!!! 

There is no bolt on handle its smooth, nothing under it either???
How does it come off???

Was going to post pics, but remembered my pics are way to large... ::) ::)

Im sure once I get it open I can service it, but??   
Duhh, feelin kinda dumb here..
Last one I just sent it back (same handle, cheap BPS reel)...
Told Mike to suck it up & buy a new one!!!   LOL
I may be able to service that one also if I get this figured out!!!

HELP!!!!    ;D

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

ooo, ooo!!! i know, i know!!!!!

push the star down and away from the handle, then hold the star down and the handle unscrews!!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Wow,
It's been a number of years but I actually remember a reel like that. Still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Nessie Hunter

Oh wow!!!
It worked!!!
Thanks a ton Alan, you da man..  :)

Can I assume (that word again) that the rest is close to normal reels?
I do see a screw under Spool on inside.. 
I also have a very large HAMMER!!!   lol

Is there a schematic available anywhere.
I have looked at all the normal places.

If this wasnt an 8 reel order from a Tourney angler in No Cal (with potential for many more) I would just send it back. But???!!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

philaroman

off the top of my head (I say that too much): I think older JM's were outsourced Daiwa's -- if they still are, I'd start with schematics for the best non-Japanese Daiwa B/C & work my way downhill in price/quality...  that would probably get you close enough

Nessie Hunter

This one is very close to a Revo inside..
After the tricky plate & Handle thing, its just a Reel inside...

Thanks all
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

bob welty

If you call Outdoor World Rod and Reel Repair, they should be able to email you the schematics for most of the Bass Pro reels. I couldn't find a direct email address on the website, but the phone number is 417-873-5275. This is a direct number. If they don't pick up just leave a voice mail.