6500 C3 help

Started by bassacre, December 20, 2013, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken_D

Quote from: bassacre on December 21, 2013, 07:38:40 PM
I haven't got that sleeve on the drag stack. I have the gear shaft, the main gear, the drag stack and the bellvilles. I got the reel for free and it has never engaged properly so I decided to take it apart and try to get it to function properly.

Your opening sentence says 6500C3.....where is the crank bearing? Where are the 2 bearing spacers? And all metal and synthetic drag washers? Some reels take one brg. spacer, with the  star's brass bit acting as spacer 2. I'll say again: are all reel parts according to the drawing that suits your reel, all there, and put in correctly.

When a sport requests assistance, it's a given.... repeat... _a given_, that all parts are present and accounted for..unless otherwise stated, which you did not bother to do..with a failure just happening.... not a mish mash of gearsets in question, reel won't engage spool, parts bought, yada, with information incomplete. As before, diagnosis is contingent on input. Bad input, bad solutions.  

GulfOfBothnia

It comes to my mind that bent / worn clutch arm could be the reason.

I had this issue with one 5500 size reel.
Symptom was that spool did not engage (and thus not reeling in) when starting reeling after spool release.

bassacre

That's why I was asking for the schematic as I am unsure if I have all the parts for this reel.

Ken_D

Quote from: bassacre on December 22, 2013, 12:35:30 PM
That's why I was asking for the schematic as I am unsure if I have all the parts for this reel.

You were given a link to a typical C3 schematic way back in the thread. Was it not the one? You were given a link to the web page where other very close variants were to be found. Did you not check?  You were shown an image of a clutch arm and position holder back in the thread.

On page one of the Abu forum there are several tutorials on round reels. Did you not open and look?  You were asked to supply information to several questions, and you have not !!I added up all my life-force attempting to get you going again, and I have def. exceeded the fee a repair shop would charge you to repair, as said shop would have had the reel in hand.  Add in the life force of the other folks trying to get you fishing, and you are beginning to be expendible.  

Said repair shop (or any one of us here, with reel in hand) would have solved your issue in under 10 minutes, got you the parts days ago, put you back together clean and fixed, and you would be out fishing for 25 or less !!!  

Try ereplacement's site: they name the bits. Pricing is different than dealers, but please don't come back focussed on that, like you did on the sleeve in the clutch pic.  Open your reel, print a drawing from Nutter, Mikes, or wherever, along with the one at e-replacment, and start looking for parts missing, like everybody thought you did at the very beginning !!!! http://www.ereplacementparts.com/abu-garcia-6500-ambassadeur-parts-c-187196_187197_187492.html

*reference to troll and demographic deleted.

Robert Janssen

(deleted post ^^ )

Okay, fellas... enough o'that now.

Bassacre, please understand that people have done their very best to help you with all they can. It has not been so easy. Perhaps it would be best if we just put this one away for now.

Ken D, it's all right. Things like this happen sometimes. You done good.

Tools down.

Ken_D

Thanks all, Alto, & Dr. Rob.  

Mr. Bass;  All my input is without malice, and may have lacked respect, in your view. Oops. The sentence on the demographic was not an insult... I moderate another forum, where many not-so-old folks fish, and have issues. You may or may not fit the group. I dunno. And there are many bridges world-wide with many occupants living under them. Regrets for any and all transgressions....Just want to get you on the water is all. Later, KD.

Lunker Larry

Quote from: Ken_D on December 21, 2013, 04:51:48 PM
Gotcha L....the only burs I've seen as you described were on the 7000C Syncros, to the degree the driveshaft was darned near friction welded to the gearset. Cheers, KD. ps: any luck on that BPS reel.

Nothing. Couldn't even find out who made it for sure.  Gave up and gave the drag measurements to Dawn for replacement. Had the same schematic problem with a Wallmart ABU 6500. Drove Pure Fishing crazy trying to find a schematic. They didn't have any luck either. Again, went to Dawn for drag replacement and buffed up the keyed washer (it was a bit corroded).

Hope all had a Merry Christmas and that you have the tightest of lines in the New Year!!
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Ken_D

Drawing in your in basket as at 1 minute ago. Happy fixing.