Main Menu

"The Map"

Started by Roger, April 27, 2010, 12:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Isn't the map, the one you see on the top a the home page? Titled:"Where In The World Are You?".
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Gfish on December 22, 2018, 05:34:23 PM
Isn't the map, the one you see on the top a the home page? Titled:"Where In The World Are You?".

Yes
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Reelmeneer

Julianadorp, the Netherlands! Very close to the beach! Never theless prefer to fish pike in the "polder"! Polder is a dutch word... cannot translate, sorry for my poor English..

Navidad Nutcase

Quote from: Gfish on December 22, 2018, 05:34:23 PM

must be a problem on my end. About 75% of the time - not always - all I see in a photo from photobucket, is a kitten and the words ''CLICK for photos" and above that in small letters '' photos not found.'' nothing happens when I click. .  .  The curser arrow does not even change to a pointing finger like it does when there is something there to open.
If anybody know about computers, perhaps they can post a fix  - assuming it is a problem with my laptop. remember it doesn't always have a kitten in place of a photo. Come to think of it, perhaps the pictures I'm viewing aren't posted FROM photobucket.
Anyway, longer story shortened  - I can see no map.
Cheers, Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Midway Tommy

Greg,

The map is only at the top of the "Home" page here:  http://alantani.com/index.php

Your photo viewing problem is a totally different issue and discussed in numerous threads over here: http://alantani.com/index.php?board=114.0

You'll have to sort through the 4 pages of topics there to get the complete story and fixes. Basically, Photobucket went off the deep end a couple of years ago, high jacked peoples pics and tried to charge for basic photo storing. Some people decided to not use them anymore.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Navidad Nutcase

Quote from: Midway Tommy on December 22, 2018, 09:56:20 PM
Greg,

The map is only at the top of the "Home" page here:  http://alantani.com/index.php

Your photo viewing problem is a totally different issue and discussed in numerous threads over here: http://alantani.com/index.php?board=114.0

You'll have to sort through the 4 pages of topics there to get the complete story and fixes. Basically, Photobucket went off the deep end a couple of years ago, high jacked peoples pics and tried to charge for basic photo storing. Some people decided to not use them anymore.

Yes I found the photo on the first page but, as mentioned it is just a picture  - of a cat. Always photbucket's picture is a cat. no link to click,  just that kitten picture and ''click here'' printed across the picture.
I have no problems uploading photo s, I don't use photobucket. I scroll down to the bottom of my ''almost ready to post'' message and click  the little plis sign by ''Additional options'' , then click ''choose file''  and that opens my pictures album on my computer. click on the picture I want and it's loaded.

I have grandkids  ranging from 1 year to 16 yrs. I will get anyone of them to fix this. ( well, maybe not the 1 year old, but for sure the 8 year old and up )  Me?  I can't even turn this d*** thing back on if it crashes.
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Tiddlerbasher

Quote from: Reelmeneer on December 22, 2018, 07:35:28 PM
Julianadorp, the Netherlands! Very close to the beach! Never theless prefer to fish pike in the "polder"! Polder is a dutch word... cannot translate, sorry for my poor English..

I thought Polders were reclaimed land - isolated from the sea  :-\

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on December 23, 2018, 01:11:51 AM
Quote from: Reelmeneer on December 22, 2018, 07:35:28 PM

I thought Polders were reclaimed land - isolated from the sea  :-\

As I understand it polders have been drained but some polder areas may still have water that has been pumped back in.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

richard

I live in a place called Guildford in England . South west of london about thirty miles . Lifelong member of the fishing gene like you guys .
Chased most things with fins all over the place from boy to grandpa.
We are a lucky generation in more ways than one . Best to all .👍

HouseTackle

Cincinnati, Ohio reporting for duty :)
First post, I actually found the site trying to decide on a long distance spinning reel and some of the comments were exactly the sort of information I was looking for.  Cool site, Alan.
Hybrid striped bass expert

alantani

Thanks, and welcome!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Donnyboat

Hi Don from Harvey Sunny Western Australia, 150 Kms South of Perth the capital, 40 Min to Bunbury, 50 Min to Mandurah City, love this site, lurnt lot from here, thank you Alan, & all the good people on this site, OHANA for sure. collecting Penn Senators, also fish with them, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

handi2

Mine is active.....

Keith Rawson;

OCD Reel Service and Repairs.

Gulf Breeze, Fl
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

chockpish

Sainte-Anne de Kent, New-Brunswick Canada! Ilive on the East coast! My house is about 2 miles from the Northumberland straight! My little piece of fishing paradise!
Tight lines, be safe, fish hsard!