Wilsons Reel Upgrades now open!

Started by Chris Gatorfan, December 26, 2013, 03:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Good Job Chris,

I have pictures of my last service on Everol Reels if you ever needed them.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Chris Gatorfan

Thanks Kieth. I will definitely let you know if i need and pointers. Main thing is going to be making sure i keep all those drag pressure springs together. The rest shouldnt be to bad. Good thing is will have a lot of work surface should Daron decide to let me work on it for him.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Robert Janssen

...Main thing is going to be making sure i keep all those drag pressure springs together...

Just keep the spool upright on the table as you lift the drag washers off. The springs will usually stay put.

Shark Hunter

So I'm in a Cult Now. Cool! 8)
Don't get your hopes up Chris. I was just kidding. I see no need to service it yet. After I fish it, yes. I installed the handle. This is brand new fresh out the Box! That's a 9/0 in the center behind it, just to give you an idea of its massive size!
Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

Stop your making me jealous. I had a chance to get that 12/0 but was no where close at that time to come off of $450.00.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Tightlines667

I serviced a 12/0 last fall.  Cool reel, but there are many dissimilar metals in contact w/ one another and the bearing that's buried in the drive bushing is a pain.  Parts aren't cheap either.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Daron:  With all due respect, are you trying to out reel the Wizard of Pennsylvania?   ::)  :D I know you passed me already.   :-* Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MFB

Good luck with the new business.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Robert Janssen

Quote...many dissimilar metals in contact w/ one another and the bearing that's buried in the drive bushing is a pain....

Well, no more dissimilar metals than anyone else really. Stainless, aluminum, maybe some bronze... the usual. And you're right- that roller bearing was such a pain, that it was deleted from the reels a decade or two ago and replaced with an oil bronze bushing instead.

The two-speeds use a bearing there, but it is a regular stainless steel ball bearing like all the others.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Pescachaser on January 10, 2014, 01:13:43 AM
Daron:  With all due respect, are you trying to out reel the Wizard of Pennsylvania?   ::)  :D I know you passed me already.   :-* Dominick
You know that can't be done Dominick. ;)
The Wizard teaches me new stuff almost every day!
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Any updates on how your buisness has been going?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

reelrepair123

the wizard from pennsylvania, does that guy build yellow ''brick'' roads?   ha  ha.   daron that reel is massive  catch a big one buddy.  yesterday i finally got to service and build the red jigmaster you sent me, still have the 112h to do , i thank you very much again.  i had alot of catching up to do , plus all my re-habing, it turned out minty ,but i'm  still a dinosaur, i'm waiting for my son to show me how to post a picture.     harryk