TANK 3D

Started by BMITCH, January 19, 2014, 04:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Chris, I'm not sure what you mean?? The screws are 18-8 SS. Unfortunately they didn't carry 316 stainless in the screw design I wanted.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Chris Gatorfan

Wow my bad, I have been looking at so many reels this morning my head is going crazy, I thought you had a SS post on the top but i see now it is an open top. What i was trying to say though is if you had an SS post across the top it could give some added support to the are with the dog in case there is any flex on a heavy load.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

BMITCH

Np. Chris. All comments welcome even if they have NOTHING to do with this thread ;D lol

broadway

Awesome job, Mitch!
Not to mention, all 3 are alternating! ... bet she sounds like she's singing a song to you now ;)
Well done,
Dom

BMITCH

Thanks Dom, someone here said maybe a quad dog. It can be done. I was thinking about it on this one. There is room for one more dog but I need to test the side plate where this third dog is. Sal raised a good point about maybe there is too much stress on the side plate screw. Unlike using the bridge screw. I don't know...I got a couple of other side plates to play with and zero time to do it. The timing for quad dogs alternating would be easy at this point due to having a template for the dogs now. Really only the one need major modification. The others were pretty much stock from Lee. I dunno we will see...... ::) ;)

Shark Hunter

Hell, Just go ahead and make sextuplet dogs and get it over with! ;D :D
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

This may be a point where aluminum side plates make sense, but what we really need is a ratchet with more teeth.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

pcde123

how much did it cost to put it all together?

CapeFish

Nice work, is all the cutting away not weakening the sideplate though? Can the sideplate handle the stress that 3x dogs can?

BMITCH

Quote from: pcde123 on February 03, 2014, 07:16:35 AM
how much did it cost to put it all together?

I'm not 100% sure of the final cost, but if I had to guess its somewhere around $300-$350.

BMITCH

Quote from: CapeFish on February 03, 2014, 07:25:02 AM
Nice work, is all the cutting away not weakening the sideplate though? Can the sideplate handle the stress that 3x dogs can?

Not sure if it will weaken the side plate significantly? Hoping to stress it on fish this coming season. What I really need to do is run it with only the new third dog in the reel and see what happens. That's if I get the time to do that. Im doing to fish this with 80# indicator line with a 60# floro leader. So we're only talking about 30# of drag max. In reality it's more likely going to be somewhere around 20#-25# pounds of drag. That's where I'm most comfortable. My feeling is nothing ventured nothing gained. It sounds awesome though. I'm trying to figure out how to upload a video this week. So hopefully I'll be able to let you in on the sound.
Bob

steelfish

wwow, I missed this thread completelly

never though about seeing a 113h reel 3-dogged, just amazing

The Baja Guy

Dominick

yes, Alex I had completely forgot about it.  Bob isn't posting as regularly as he used to.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Darin Crofton

I'm glad you guys dug this out, such great work on the dogs and I love the Tuna side plate big-time ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?