Shimano Clicker Plate

Started by kamuwela, May 12, 2010, 06:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamuwela

Note: Wear on alert ratchet TT0732, notice elongation of holes.

Note: Marks on spool. This was caused from alert plundger hitting spool because of overuse
of clicker.

-This reel was brought to me for service which was set up for bottom fishing, with an electra mate style retreval system. After noticing marks on spool and speaking to the owner, I learned how this was caused. Because they drop lines a depth of 600 ft, they leave the ratchet on to prevent back lash, which began to make perfect sense to me. They could do other things while dropping line and know when the lines hits bottom. As the owner explained this was a cheap fix for their usage. I replaced TT-0719 alert plundger, TT0732 alert ratchet, and TT0683 click spring for a total of $23. As for trollers thats why it is recommended to turn off clicker while setting line or immediately after a strike. But some people just love that sound

Roger

Hey Kamu, what's happening way out yonder? Those clickers do drive people nuts. There's a boy that works on the boat with my son and when they get to fish he leaves the clicker on and it drives my son nuts. My son's threatened take his rod and throw it in the gulf several times.

My son has been out since the spill with NOAA onboard taking water and soil samples. Here's a few pic's. He's the one in their safe boat as they call it. He's caught a lot of tuna and dolphin in that little boat.

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

kamuwela

Quote from: Roger on May 12, 2010, 03:14:33 PM
Hey Kamu, what's happening way out yonder? Those clickers do drive people nuts. There's a boy that works on the boat with my son and when they get to fish he leaves the clicker on and it drives my son nuts. My son's threatened take his rod and throw it in the gulf several times.

My son has been out since the spill with NOAA onboard taking water and soil samples. Here's a few pic's. He's the one in their safe boat as they call it. He's caught a lot of tuna and dolphin in that little boat.

what a shame that spill makes me sick

kamuwela

hope he is making lots of money and not getting sick like some of those poor workers  i am still at a loss for words for what happned you can never replace the land. (ocean etc)