Bone dry Abu carbon drags

Started by Mudguts, January 31, 2014, 09:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudguts

Just a heads up to everyone with the Swedish Abu Amassadeur 6500 rockets, lighthouse editions, check the drags to see if their greased. Mine was bone dry out the box. Are they meant to be like this?? ???

Not to mention it came with no tool and a 1/4 full bottle of oil, which is also piss poor :-[

Tile

Open the geartrain housing and grease the carbonfiber drag washers with Cal's grease or Shimano drag grease.
In solid fiberglass we trust

Keta

Peoples labor camp #3 ran out of grease.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tile

Also their stamping press ran out of sheet steel.

Robert Janssen

Swedish Abu Amassadeur 6500...

Peoples labor camp #3 ran out of grease.

..or they went on their usual five weeks of paid vacation...

Ken_D

Up this way, some Abu reels are no longer stamped with a number on the frame foot.... just a cheesy little paper decal that easily goes away after a few trips to the swim.

_Also_ up this way, ever since the carbon washers became available in the Record, (what was that...7-8 yrs back?) and: hence in the round 4-5-6 reels, they always came dry. Still do as at yesterday.

Tile

My Abu AG Seven has absolutely no number stamped on the stand at all and had that sticker (Made in China) which was removed in mere minutes after I got the reel.

Mudguts

Quote from: Tile on February 01, 2014, 10:27:22 AM
Open the geartrain housing and grease the carbonfiber drag washers with Cal's grease or Shimano drag grease.

done that... Couldn't find any Cal's but inox did the trick

Mudguts

Quote from: Tile on February 01, 2014, 05:48:02 PM
My Abu AG Seven has absolutely no number stamped on the stand at all and had that sticker (Made in China) which was removed in mere minutes after I got the reel.

The one I have is stamped with a number and says made in Sweden....I wouldn't waste my money on the Chinese and Taiwanese made ''Abu's'' as they are junk...