Pulled the trigger

Started by k9_time, February 03, 2014, 08:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k9_time

No longer boatless...test run and purchased Saturday.  Needs some trailer work and upgrades, but a sound hull and drivetrain. Replacing trailer brakes this weekend with all new components, tongue to axle.

Alto Mare

Nice boat, good luck with it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Nice.  Time to have some fun.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

wallacewt

oh boy,thats worth working on.
maybe worth is the wrong word  :D
gd luck,up dates as you go pls.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

K-9 that Striper is one sweet boat.  I am glad you are my new best friend.  Pick me up on the way to the ocean.   ;) :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

What model?  I have a mid 90's 210.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

seaeagle2

Nice looking boat. If you're changing all the brakes, are you going with disk ?
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

k9_time

It's a 2004 1851 walk around, been looking for over a year.  In this area,  tough to find, at least for what I wanted to spend. Wife is happy so all is well... ;D

Ordered all new brake components today..trailer had discs already but the whole system was shot from the actuator back.  Pacific Trailer in Chino was very helpful in getting me the right parts.  New actuator, lines, rotors, calipers and hubs. I'll take some pics of the process and post.  Hoped to get it done this Friday, but looks  like family matters may take precedence, oh well.

k9_time

Quote from: k9_time on February 04, 2014, 03:02:15 AM
It's a 2004 1851 walk around, been looking for over a year.  In this area,  tough to find, at least for what I wanted to spend. Wife is happy so all is well... ;D

Ordered all new brake components today..trailer had discs already but the whole system was shot from the actuator back.  Pacific Trailer in Chino was very helpful in getting me the right parts.  New actuator, lines, rotors, calipers and hubs. I'll take some pics of the process and post.  Hoped to get it done this Friday, but looks  like family matters may take precedence, oh well.

Finally got around to getting the brakes and trailer lights fixed.  Lots of busted knuckles and choice words getting through all the rusty components, but job is done! 

johndtuttle

Sweet looking brakes, dunno if Cal's would be best  ;D

Don't forget to use Marine Grease on the non-spool bearings  ;)

best

JohnInMontana

Nice looking boat K9. The Striper is a well built boat and that hull design will handle the water well. I did my brakes last year and my boat is a 2005. I was shocked to see the grease in the hubs and bearings, it appeared it had 2 different brands of greased used and some reaction took place and it was hard like paste. All I ever use was marine grease.Now I make sure to always use the same kind and brand..Every year I have been constantly upgrading everything , all new electronics , down riggers, outriggers , trim tabs and this year its scuppers and extra spotlights . I think I will be done for a while. LOL  My boat haul tapper down in the back, just above the engine like yours. In extremely rough water and some bar crossings, water would break over the boat in that spot.  That was the lowest spot on the boat, probably so with yours too, so I had a spray skirt made that would snap on and off. Just a suggestion.
I don't know if you have one or not. I hit some pretty rough water up here on the Washington Coast .   Congratulations ..           Enjoy your new boat.   

Dominick

Hey Montana John, any chance of posting a picture of the boat with the skirt in place.  I'm curious to see it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.