another way to send the bait out there for ya sharkies..

Started by maxpowers, February 06, 2014, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

There is Joe,
I've seen baits dropped by RC Boats, Drones and helicopters. These are all at least A couple hundred dollars. One wrong move and they are gone. >:(
I will stick to my Kayak. This past September, I finally did some night drops. It was actually very relaxing. ;D
Life is Good!

Shiftee

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 25, 2014, 07:06:37 AM
There is Joe,
I've seen baits dropped by RC Boats, Drones and helicopters. These are all at least A couple hundred dollars. One wrong move and they are gone. >:(
I will stick to my Kayak. This past September, I finally did some night drops. It was actually very relaxing. ;D

NC law recently passed regarding drones that may make it illegal to use drones in hunting/fishing. I'd have to look at the exact wording but I'm pretty sure deploying bait with an unmanned vehicle is now an issue here.

Islandgypsy

Sturgeon fisherman used RC boats to get their baits out the center of the Columbia River up until the 80's ,
when a law was passed making the practice illegal.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

In the UK (& EU) carp & cat fish anglers use radio controlled bait boats:
Like this http://www.nwac.co.uk/waverunner-shuttle-bait-boat.html?gclid=CI2y1Nzi5sICFcPMtAodt2wAjA

I'm sure there must be a larger scale one available somewhere.
It's almost tempting to build areally large one - How hard can it be  ;D
Personally I don't have a use for one, but you never know  ;)

Makule

If there was one that was affordable and could handle up to one pound of cargo, I'd be using it in a flash.  Haven't found one like that, however.  Maybe in the future the cost will go down.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Tiddlerbasher