ugggghhhhh! paypal......

Started by alantani, February 06, 2014, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

ok, i am finally going to break down and start using paypal standardly.  the check thing has always had a few problems, but i totaled up with last year and it's too much.  it's also gotten to be too much hassle with the checking account.  hopefully this will not backfire on me.  thanks for your understanding.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Topshot

Quote from: alantani on February 06, 2014, 05:22:17 AM
ok, i am finally going to break down and start using paypal standardly.  the check thing has always had a few problems, but i totaled up with last year and it's too much.  it's also gotten to be too much hassle with the checking account.  hopefully this will not backfire on me.  thanks for your understanding.   :-\
Just have them send you the money as a gift and you won't be charged any fees. I've have great success with paypal
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Ron Jones

I've worked with a few guys on here with it. I am happy to pay any fees to do business with you, Alan. Your to important of a resource to disgruntle. Your a pretty good guy, too. ;)
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

I always send Lee money by paypal. As long as you send it using the family and friends option. It is free.
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

PayPal is ok by me.  Im willing to pay for fees if it came down to it.  Thanks for all you do AlanT.

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

floating doc

PayPal is convenient. When it comes to fees, those need to be passed along to the buyers. All of your prices are reasonable.
Central Florida

Frank

Alan, It will be a lot easier for you.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

conchydong

Quote from: floating doc on February 06, 2014, 12:31:49 PM
PayPal is convenient. When it comes to fees, those need to be passed along to the buyers. All of your prices are reasonable.

This. I also like PayPal as I sell and buy fishing gear straight from my PayPal account and the wife doesn't know or care what is going on. When she sees a check written out of our joint account for fishing tackle, well I lets just say I can't hide it.  :)

Topshot

Paypal... Letting married men but fishing tackle in secrect since 1998  ;)
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Dynamo

Quote from: Topshot on February 06, 2014, 05:52:23 AM
Quote from: alantani on February 06, 2014, 05:22:17 AM
Just have them send you the money as a gift and you won't be charged any fees. I've have great success with paypal

X2.

AndrewC

Quote from: Topshot on February 06, 2014, 04:59:36 PM

So true and you even get to pay for it a month later....... No Interest woo hoo
The worlds a better place when its upside down

seaeagle2

Quote from: Topshot on February 06, 2014, 04:59:36 PM
x3  It's the second marriage for both me and my wife.  We have hers, his and joint checking accounts, I use paypal for my fishing and reel stuff.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Dominick

Quote from: Topshot on February 06, 2014, 05:52:23 AM
Here comes some unsolicited advice.  If it is a gift, no problem.  Otherwise play it straight and pay paypal its fee.  They are a business and provide a valuable service.  Gaming the system does not pay.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.