Latest Miniature Bearing Puller

Started by Alto Mare, February 08, 2014, 03:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

A while back Aaron (Reel Speed) made us some bearing pullers

these are good, but not great on stubborn bearings
Aaron then decided to step it up a notch and made us these

they did the job on the stubborn ones, but unfortunately the tip is too brittle, as you can see here

Here is his third attempt and I do believe his last. These are great, I was able to do anything I needed to do with these

on this bearing I wasn't able to remove the retaining ring, but that wasn't a problem, it pulled the bearing and ring right out

if anyone has one of these Jvariance or similar plate, you will notice that it's impossible to get that bearing out, I tried it with everything I had and still couldn't do it.

this one needed the sliding hammer

and right out it came, with just a couple of gentle taps

the set comes with a sliding hammer and 5 different sized tips that will handle most bearings.
I'm very happy with this set, if you service many reels I recommend that you get one, it will be one of  your best tool.
Here is a link...if interested, Aaron has a video on this set
enjoy it!
Sal
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZV1LP0

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Killerbug

Looks fantastic!  :P, are they for sale?
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

Alto Mare

Morten, check the link at the bottom.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

DaBigOno

PRICEY    But worth it, I wouldn't give up my set.

If you're in the reel service/maintenance business or serious into the hobby of reel maintenance and repair,
this tool will prove its worth.

Note:  not affiliated with Reel Speed
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

bluefish69

I have 2 of the last ones. 1 I have been using & the other is still packed - Not Used. I bought it for someone & he never picked it up.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

I can only comment on the kit and it is a great one, the rest would be up to you guys. Just think about when you get frustrate with a stubborn bearing and smash that reel against the wall, this set would actually be saving you money ;D .

bluefish69

I just sent the check for one of Tom's Squidders. I guess I can't have everything.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

alantani

glad to hear aaron is getting stuff off the shelf.  hope he's doing better. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

davistn

Are there still be produced and sold? Can't seem to find them, seems to me they're discontinued... Anyone want to sell a set  ;)

Bryan Young

Quote from: davistn on May 08, 2014, 04:53:55 AM
Are there still be produced and sold? Can't seem to find them, seems to me they're discontinued... Anyone want to sell a set  ;)
They should be posted on Amazon.com.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

TechTeach

It says currently unavailable.

I would be interested in a set too.
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

alantani

my little pry bar still works just fine!    ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Quote from: TechTeach2530 on May 08, 2014, 11:22:39 AM
It says currently unavailable.

I would be interested in a set too.
I contacted Aaron to see what was going on and he said that they weren't moving, then all of a sudden they all went.
He said for you guys to contact him directly if you wanted to, his email is:
reelspeed@yahoo.com
or you could wait until he puts some more on amazon.com
Sal

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on May 08, 2014, 03:58:20 PM
my little pry bar still works just fine!    ;D
I bet you won't need to cut the newell bearing cup using one of these, send me one of those really bad  bearings, I like to give it a shot, just for my own satisfaction.

TechTeach

What is the ball park price on these?
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"