great videos!

Started by alantani, February 08, 2014, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyHookerAUS

Quote from: alantani on October 27, 2018, 04:14:52 AM
nice video!  couldn't tell at the end, but no gloves?  tagged him, right?  and i couldn't tell how you popped the hook out, but it was fast!!!!! 

Hi Alan, yes I  tagged him, I did have gloves but you'll notice I only put one on.. and yep last wrap was on the wrong hand 😢 it hurt!! Hook was a Gamakatsu SL12 saltwater fly hook rigged on a skirt. Great hook to set into marlin but don't use more than 5kg drag. Hook straightens as I tagged him because the fish takes off!.

I'm using a 50w but drag was set safely fish that hook. I have 4 50's, when inshore I fish the light hooks but when I get out wide I'll set them up accordingly. Saves me buying more reels 😂

HappyHookerAUS

Quote from: bhale1 on October 27, 2018, 04:25:01 AM
Wow!!!!!!
Brett

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 27, 2018, 05:42:06 AM
Impressive ;)

Thank you fellas!!

If you have time, check out more of my videos on my YouTube channel

alantani

i was wondering how you worked the release!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

HappyHookerAUS

Quote from: alantani on October 27, 2018, 06:28:24 AM
i was wondering how you worked the release!

They're a great inshore hook to troll with because of the high hook set %

Thicker gauge and it's hand filing etc. for the bigger stuff I like to take off the knife edge on the inside and make one on the outside. That way I believe it won't create such a big hole in fish mouths. Just a theory but hey works for me.

HappyHookerAUS

I'd like to show off another shot that got me started on writing articles for a magazine called BlueWater here in Australia.

Another juvenile Black marlin. This one was hooked with a slow trolled bridled slimey mackerel which I think in the USA are call Chub mackerel ??

Shark Hunter

I got a Chuckle out of this one. ;D
Life is Good!

Donnyboat

Thanks for the happy avent Happy, well done, & thanks for showing, can you tell me what time of the year when you caught & tagged it, just trying to get some idea of the water temp, they get the odd marlin West of Fremantle, in what they call the Rottnest trench, about February/March, this is on the West coast of Australia, for the members that are not formilia with Australia.
Daron-thanks for showing the torture chamber, I dont think , I will try it though, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gfish

Wow, hard to believe with the torture chamber thing. Like to get a up close look at those reels, esp. the lip of the spool on the spinner.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oc1

Wish I could find a dryer like that..... with analog controls instead of all the digital stuff that lasts about a year in our humidity.  If I had one, I wouldn't beat it up with a bunch of reels like that.
-steve

Gfish

I got a older one with non-digital controls from a condo owner doin a rehab., one of those over/under space saver units. Lasted 1yr. for us + whatever rental-user abuse happened probably for years(Whirlpool " Twin-Thin"). Excuse the thread tangent.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Rivverrat

Quote from: oc1 on November 10, 2018, 08:25:56 AM
Wish I could find a dryer like that..... with analog controls instead of all the digital stuff that lasts about a year in our humidity.  If I had one, I wouldn't beat it up with a bunch of reels like that.
-steve

Steve,   aint just the humidity the newer digital stuff just doesnt last like the older stuff with knobs & fewer buttons ... Jeff

HappyHookerAUS

Quote from: Donnyboat on November 09, 2018, 10:54:31 PM
Thanks for the happy avent Happy, well done, & thanks for showing, can you tell me what time of the year when you caught & tagged it, just trying to get some idea of the water temp, they get the odd marlin West of Fremantle, in what they call the Rottnest trench, about February/March, this is on the West coast of Australia, for the members that are not formilia with Australia.
Daron-thanks for showing the torture chamber, I dont think , I will try it though, cheers Don.

Thanks for the kind words mate. Caught in February and water temp would've been around 25deg-26 deg as it usually is that time of year as the EAC pumps down.. not odd to see 27deg out wide.. fish was caught in 50m off Long Reef in North Sydney.. only a few kms out.

HappyHookerAUS

CapeFish

South African Land sharking

Big Tim

I have seen people like this...Too funny

Tim