Anodizing

Started by Topshot, February 21, 2014, 06:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topshot

Hey guys I just wanted to let y'all know that I am going to be starting a little anodizing hobby. My buddy bought the whole system a year ago and never got motivated to use it, so I bought it from him. I'm fairly new to this so I'm going to try it out on some spare aluminum parts I have. If all goes well I'll be offering my service to you guys. I'm not going to charge crazy prices like a lot of anodizing companies. I'm thinking $20 to $40 depending on size of part or reel. Small parts I'll do for cheaper. If you have a frame or any other aluminum parts you want the color changed this would be it. Or even if you have a frame or spool that's all scratches up you can get it restored
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Irish Jigger

Good luck with your project. Red anodised spools should be popular. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Chris Gatorfan

Keep us posted on your efforts
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Topshot

Will do guys. Should be interesting. The red spool idea sounds like it might be a hit. Those red spools are expensive
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Dominick

Great, can't wait.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Sounds great, theres always a spool, frame, side plates, and much more to do,,,,,,we,re waiting to see, so get goin!!!!!! and let us know how to prep, cause thats goinna take time,    heck its almost fishin season!!!!!Already.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

Topshot, really excited about this. Colored spools :o :o WAY COOL!!
luck is the residue of design.

DaBigOno

Hope all the best Topshot!

Quote from: BMITCH on February 23, 2014, 11:49:21 AM

Topshot, really excited about this. Colored spools :o :o WAY COOL!!

I better start saving for a "Blue" reel collection

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Aiala

Whenever you're ready, I have a red Jigmaster spool that could use your services!   :)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

ReelCurious

Do you also have the ability to take off the previous coating?  I.E., I have a scratched up Slammer (USA made) but they're getting harder to find parts for, could you blast off the current black housing/bail arm/etc. and redo it in black?

alantani

chris, unfortunately, is no longer a member here.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!