Favorite blank.

Started by thunnus69, February 28, 2014, 01:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunnus69

What's your favorite blank to build on and why?

Makule

Quote from: thunnus69 on February 28, 2014, 01:43:13 AM

Depends on what kind of fish/fishing.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

SoCalAngler

Quote from: thunnus69 on February 28, 2014, 01:43:13 AM

Do you mean which manufacture of blanks or a single blank? One blank will not cover the type of fishing most people do.

Bryan Young

For many of my fishing needs in Hawaii, it would have to be Fenwick's LB1206.  They were great blanks.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sundaytrucka

I have not built one yet, own one, but my favorite blank is a Seeker 220, 8'5" 15(20)30#. I plan on building two or three myself, cutting them down to 8', 7'5", and a 7'...Waiting for the anchovies to dominate and the albacore that follow (hopefully).
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Tile

My favorite blanks are the well tapered solid ones no matter if they are made from carbon fiber, fiberglass or a mixture of them.
In solid fiberglass we trust

Jeri

Hi,

That's like asking everyone on this group to only pick ONE reel, can't possibly make that choice.

Cheers from sunny Africa,

Jeri

stevennc

I have always liked glass rods. My favorite blank is a seeker all glass 36 (copy of a truline taper) . Next would be the Seeker 270 blanks in glass or graphite. I have been hearing really good things about Rainshadow rods and got a chance to pull on a few of them. The cost to quality on those rods cannot be beat.

Shark Hunter

Yes, I like the Rainshadows a lot!
Life is Good!

skrilla

I'm new school and prefer graphite composite construction. Mostly the graphite butt and glass tip kind. Just a few of my personal favorites based on the type of fishing I do...

Calstar BTG270 and GG700XLH. Rainshadow RCLB80XL and SW967. Seeker Uluas, model doesn't matter... love chuckin da iron!

Dannyr

if I had to pick 1...it would be a calstar 800M.

Normslanding

Silaflex PT90. But they have not been made in 50 years. Sure glad I still have one.