12/0 with 7 stack drag??

Started by Cuttyhunker, January 07, 2022, 09:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuttyhunker

Just bought this 116, numbered, external drag, logo at 12 o'clock and found a 7 stack drag system that looked nearly unused.  Is this stack a Bryan of Dawn kit, or another franken-reel special.  The photo layout is right to left, top to bottom, second shows top three of the stack, stubby collar, skinny washer, and heavy spring.  There was no drag grease in there.  Functions very nicely.
Doomed from childhood

foakes

Could be, Bob —

And one of our expert Penn Senator members — Daron (aka Shark Hunter) — did a lot of these.

Daron did 3 for me that I own — 12/0, 14/0, 16/0.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handi2

A 7 stack is stock with that reel.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Cuttyhunker

Thanks Gents,
Live and learn, the only other 12/0's I'd done were the older thick and heavy 3 stacks, was expecting on this one, as an old external, possibly the same or maybe a 5.  Shortest collar I've ever seen.
Doomed from childhood