SHIMANO SPHEROS 8000FA - older version spinning reel

Started by Marlinmate, June 10, 2010, 12:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlinmate

Here's the deal. My buddy shows me this reel and says it is broke. I say no it isn't, it is only missing a new part. I take it and order the bail #7567 and am told it is for the old version of this real. No problem send me the new one(11269). I get it and realize the old bearing won't fit as the new diameter of the bail post where the bearing sits is 5mm in diameter vs. 4mm on the old one. This leads to ordering more parts for the new bail.

So far I've got:

11269 (bail assembly) - which replaces broken old part #7567
RD 7918 (lline roller washer)- on backorder but should be here this week and replaces 7176
5625 (line roller spacer)which is same on new as on old
5910 (line roller) which is same on new as on old
7917 (line roller bushing)which replaces 5909
10906 (bearing)- on backorder until???  so went to bocabearings and got a 5mm ID bearing to fit.
6073 (bearing spacer) - which is different than old style part # 6623

I've put this thing together multiple times and can't get it to fit. It is almost like the part  is manufactured wrong and is too long??

I'm at wits end as my buddy wants his reel back, but the stack of parts when assembled is too short and leaves gaps between the arm and the line rooler. He fishes braid so I'm worried it will get stuck in the gaps and cause problems down the road.

Any ideas?
FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

BigT

I'm not familiar with the 2 different versions but is it possible that the bail arm (part # 6762) is different on the 2 versions?

Cheers, Big T
more of my rebuilds on
http://www.fishraider.com.au

Marlinmate

Thanks BIG T...i thought about that, but the part number is the same on the old and new versions. Would seem to me that it would be the same??

I'm waiting for final part to show up, RD 7918 to see if that makes a difference. If not, I think I'm going to have to get creative with a file to take care of some length.

Should work though.  :-\

alantani

i pulled some of the more common bearing dimensions that might fit. 

4 x 10 x 4  SMR104-ZZ #5  $8
4  x 11 x 4  SMR694-ZZ #5  $12
5 x 9 x 3  SMR95-ZZ #5  $9
5 x 11 x 3  SMR685 #1 $7 open
5 x 11 x 4  SMR115-ZZ #5  $9
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Marlinmate

Well, thought I would post the results. Part #7918 (line roller washer) finally showed up and I immediately noticed a HUGE difference.

On the left is the new 7918 and on the right is the old 7918. the new one took up more space than the old hence closing the gaps I was experiencing by using the old.

Problem solved!

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww8/marlinmate/S7300665.jpg

Marlinmate