penn oil and grease combo????

Started by cmaraj1, March 17, 2014, 01:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmaraj1

penn grease and oil combo pack any good?
looking to clean up a old jigmaster?
also can i use this grease on my drag washers????

Keta

It's good stuff but not for your drag washers.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

johnachak

Quote from: cmaraj1 on March 17, 2014, 01:26:38 AM
penn grease and oil combo pack any good?
looking to clean up a old jigmaster?
also can i use this grease on my drag washers????

I use the Penn Grease on the gears, all the screws and thumb screw threads and clicker. I use the Penn oil on the bushings, spool ends, dog and springs as well as the oil ports. I use Cal's grease on the drag washers. Everything I read says to use Cal's or Shimano drag grease only on the drag washers. There may be another I don't know about but the Penn grease isn't one of them. The Penn grease and oil will make that Jigmaster spin like mad.

Ron Jones

Somewhere on here someone reported that penn uses penn grease on their drag washers. I've never done it, I've used Shimano drag grease for years and the Penn combo pack everywhere else.
Ronald
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

philaroman

got it on WalMart Clearance for $2.50 & it's great stuff...  just one complaint about the combo pack: STUPID SIZE/VOLUME!!!  the grease is almost gone, while the oil is barely touched -- I'll probably get the bigger tub of blue Penn grease & finish it, before the little bottle of oil is done.

what I got from Shimano w/ reels & old baitcaster Maintenance Kits was better proportioned & you can use their Drag Grease for everything

Shark Hunter

That combo pack is for a guy that has one or two reels. I buy my Penn Grease and Cal's by the pound tub.
Reel X for the Bearings. I'm still on my first lb tub of Cal's. Its just more economical to buy it this way. That tub of Cal's is going to last a long! time. I need to order another lb tub of the penn Blue. That will make my fifth one! :o The bigger Senators need a lot of grease! ;D
Life is Good!

bluefish69

I also buy Cal's Grease & Penn Grease by the 1 lb. jar. I bought Cal's in a 1 oz. jar once, I was charged $8 for the jar on L.I. NY. That was the last time for that.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.