Grouper and Red Snapper

Started by Newell Nut, March 26, 2015, 10:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

It has not been very good fishing weather lately but today was nice and smooth out of Ponce Inlet aboard the Pastime Princess. On my third bait drop I got hammered by the gag grouper and James normally smiles but could not since he was straining to hold the fish up. ;D
On the next move the first drop down got hammered by the big red snapper. Other than that I got a couple of sharks. Tourist got some fat vermilions today and nice triggers and porgys. I saw my first Lion Fish caught today.

conchydong

Dominick

Thanks for the pictures of smiling Jack er James.  Great fish also.  Is the grouper a keeper?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

john2244

Nice catch !!!   Thanks for posting.

Newell Nut

Not a keeper until May 1. I caught some nice ones last spring too and got one after the season opened and this is the first one since then.

steelfish

Quote from: Newell Nut on March 26, 2015, 11:13:49 PM
Not a keeper until May 1.

because of the law or because they have some kind of parasites on some months?

The Baja Guy

Newell Nut

broschro

that is a stud Grouper, my goodness. looking forward to Tuesday bringing my 501 and 4/0

BonitaBch

Nice Gag and Red snapper Newell Nut  :-X

What reel did you catch the Gag on?
Bonita Beach, FL

Newell Nut

Quote from: broschro on March 26, 2015, 11:44:21 PM
that is a stud Grouper, my goodness. looking forward to Tuesday bringing my 501 and 4/0
Perfect pair of penns for what we are doing. I will make a couple of double rigs for you the we consistently get our redeyes with. Looking forward to some good times. Weather is looking great for early next week too.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Dwight, I want your life one day! Keep up the solid work and Im coming to your place for dinner one of these days.

Shark Hunter

Good Job Dwight! ;D Those are some big fat fatty's! ;)
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on March 27, 2015, 04:45:57 AM
Dwight, I want your life one day! Keep up the solid work and Im coming to your place for dinner one of these days.

Just drive down and pick up the rod and break it in. I have to started on it soon too.