Avet HX 5/2 Service Video

Started by mmayo, March 29, 2015, 03:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmayo

Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

cubanaso

Cool video, very easy to follow.  I just did this service on my HX and it didn't take long at all.

My only question is, do you pull the shields off your bearings?

Thanks

Andrew

mmayo

I have done this in the past as I service the reels often.  With friends that forget to service as often, I do not. Avet has started using both bearings with metal seals and bearings with one shield.  I deal with both and have has not issues if regularly serviced.  They sell new ones for about $5 each so when I get a reel from someone that has not been vigilant I swap them out for new ones.

Long Enuff

Great video, I serviced two yesterday, two more to go. I do have a question: one of the reels had a squeak while working in a 20 lb. dolphin. Of course it doesn't have it if the reel is not under a serious load. It was the first one I cleaned and didn't notice anything obvious. I oiled all of the bearings and greased properly.  I hope that took care of it.  Any thoughts on the source?

mmayo

Try looking at my Avet handle service video if you are sure all bearings are aok.  I am leaving for yellowtail this weekend and tested all of my previously serviced reels.  My area is very dry and I ended up oiling all three handles. All spin effortlessly and quietly.  I actually quickly serviced all three reels and re-greased one drag.  All tested out well.