Penn Senator 114 6/0 washer sequince

Started by 71outdoorsman, June 28, 2015, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71outdoorsman

Hi all, I have recently acquired a 114 6/0 Senator that had been used and abused.
I have disassembled and cleaned all sand and corrosion out of the reel.
Upon assembly of the power handle I noticed I have more washers than any reel I have taken apart or have seen here on this sight.
My question being in what order do I stack these washers. I am a little confused by what mysticparts has in their diagram.
From left to right I have:
Star drag
Nylon white washer
Spacer
Felt
Collar washer
Thick tension spring
Thin tension sprin

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Wisdom comes from the ability to recognize mistakes.

Shark Hunter

The felt goes on the collar washer and is on top of your drag stack, then the spacer, thick tension spring, Star, thin tension spring on top of the star, then the handle. Pitch the nylon.

Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

I don't know if you upgraded the stack, but this is the one you need.
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/6-114SP.aspx
I hope you are talking about a 114 Black. It should look like this when you are done.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Life is Good!

71outdoorsman

Thanks Shark Hunter
This is a black side plate 114.
The drag stack is a 5+1, so I presume it has been upgraded, or is my presumption wrong? The fibers do not look worn at all compared to some of the reels I have taken apart.

Shark Hunter

Sounds like you are all set. They usually have a three stack if they haven't been upgraded. I grease mine with Cal's drag grease.
Life is Good!

71outdoorsman

Very good, I ordered an ht100 set just in case the drag set I have didn't work out. I guess I'll put it on the shelf for now. I did use some Cals on the drags and a little Corrosion X elsewhere.
Thanks for putting my mind at ease Shark Hunter. I appreciate all help that you and others on this sight provide for the community.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Sharkin904

I think I put mine together wrong...after my carbon drags, I hit a whopping 12lb's on the scale.  ???

TomT

My advice to you is to get advice from Shark Hunter.   ;) ;D
TomT

RowdyW

It sounds like the upper eared washer poped out of the gear & is laying on top of the end of the gear. The result is low drag or none at all.

Shark Hunter

As you can tell 904,
I take pictures of most of my builds. Check the stack as Rudy mentioned. You need any help. Just ask.
Life is Good!

Sharkin904

Going to pop the 6 back open after work and check it out. And hopefully fix it lol, my 12/0 parts should be in today as well

RowdyW

904, the way to keep the assembly all together when installing in the plate is to assemble everything including the spacer on the sleeve & then wrap a rubber band around the sleeve to keep everything seated until the four bridge screws are snugged down. Remove rubber band and install thick wave washer, star wheel, thin wave washer, handle, & handle screw. The thin wave washer can be eliminated if you need to have more room to back off the star wheel. A sometimes short cut that sometimes works before disassembling it is to put a very slight drag on the drags, hold the spool & rotate the handle. Sometimes a couple of turns & sometimes 100 turns. If that doesn't work then it is disassembly time. That's the only two options that I know of. Good Luck,  RUDY

mizmo67

I've held the stack in place temporarily with a rubber o-ring, but the rubberband is probably easier to get off the sleeve. after setting the bridge in place.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Alto Mare

I use either one and it's the only way for me.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.