Okuma CN45L

Started by jg125, September 23, 2015, 10:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jg125

A friend of mine dropped off Okuma CN45L to take a look at first thing I noticed is the star drag was broken and the reel was pretty corroded and he also said it didn't have enough drag so I opened it up to do a complete service I noticed while I was taking the handle assembly off all that was there was two drag spring washers key#609 so I finished servicing the reel when I started to re assemble the handle side of reel I said let me find the schematic downloaded it and noticed it was missing key# 617 called okuma parts up and ordered Key#617 drag gear shaft retainer and key# 615 star drag but it don't fit where it should on the drive gear assembly like key# 617 is too thick so I called okuma and they say that was the replacement part for that reel did any body else run into this I was thinking about cutting it down so it fits more on the round flat side but before I do I run it by here thanks Jay

alantani

it's all about getting the right height for the drag stack and washers, plus the right amount of travel for the star.  sometimes you've just gotta fiddle with it until you get it right.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jg125