Show your 16/0

Started by Shark Hunter, November 04, 2015, 05:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

Quote from: coastal_dan on July 28, 2016, 11:46:18 AM
Finally joining this group :)  Should be here in about a week, I'll clean her up and post some pictures.  Now I need to explain to the wifey where it is going to go in the family room!  ::)
Congrats, Dan! Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

foakes

Quote from: coastal_dan on July 28, 2016, 11:46:18 AM
Finally joining this group :)  Now I need to explain to the wifey where it is going to go in the family room!  ::)

Hmmmm...Good luck with that...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Lowprofile

Quote from: Jakejames on July 05, 2016, 01:51:01 PM
New to the club. Got this beauty for a sweet deal from a man in okinawa Japan. Would love to make her into a trophy reel, but this reel is a working girl. Hookin all over the world! Took a few pictures and played with lighting and editing to bring out the best features of the side plate. Anyone know anything about a bamboo looking handle? Well glad to be im the club guys! I'm thinking I might be the youngest at 23?

Stay salty gentleman!  -Jake

I've got pics of this reel on the beach

coastal_dan

Quote from: Lowprofile on July 29, 2016, 10:21:21 AM
Quote from: Jakejames on July 05, 2016, 01:51:01 PM
New to the club. Got this beauty for a sweet deal from a man in okinawa Japan. Would love to make her into a trophy reel, but this reel is a working girl. Hookin all over the world! Took a few pictures and played with lighting and editing to bring out the best features of the side plate. Anyone know anything about a bamboo looking handle? Well glad to be im the club guys! I'm thinking I might be the youngest at 23?

Stay salty gentleman!  -Jake

I've got pics of this reel on the beach

Post away!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

coastal_dan

Got it...pulled the line off...dismantled...multiple SG soaks and a few 'tufts' of nevrdull and I'm tickled with the outcome.  These big guys are works of art and a pleasure/honor to own/work on.  It's another one of those reels that we are just caretakers for until we pass on...and then these reels will be passed on...a humbling thought and a true testament to quality of our friends at Penn.

I love this picture in black and white!

Ok...enough... ;)
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Alto Mare

Nice reel Dan, congratulations! I believe all Penn lovers should have at least a 16/0.
Very nice buddy, enjoy it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Good Work Dan,
The Biggest Senator is only for those whose Dreams Become Reality. ;)
Good on ya Bro. ;D
Life is Good!

Makule

My dream became my reality when I married my favorite wife, but a 16/0 Senator hasn't been part of my dreams.  If something rips out my 14/0, it might creep in, but since that hasn't happened yet (and I dare anything to try), I'm quite satisfied. :) 

Thinking about it a bit more, if something does strip the 14/0, I might go to the Shark Hunter route straight to the Everol.  Why play around with the cannon when you can have a nuke?

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 07, 2016, 04:36:10 AM
Good Work Dan,
The Biggest Senator is only for those whose Dreams Become Reality. ;)
Good on ya Bro. ;D

I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Shark Hunter

True Dat!
You say your favorite wife Albert. I only have one. ;)
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Can I join the club with my 14/0 ?
It's really a narrow 16/0, right?  ;D

Shark Hunter

I think we can make an exception for you Erik.
Good to see you my man! ;D
Life is Good!

Makule

I only have one, and she's my favorite.

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 08, 2016, 11:52:04 PM
True Dat!
You say your favorite wife Albert. I only have one. ;)
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Shark Hunter

Spent the evening working on another one of these Legends.
It keeps me sane. ;)
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

That one certainly seems to have been in good condition.  Did you upgrade the clamp to a ringed one on that guy?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.