Show your 16/0

Started by Shark Hunter, November 04, 2015, 05:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

There has been some pictures and talk about these Big Senators lately.
If you own one, let us see it. I have two, and they are definitely my favorites.
The one on the left I bought from a pawn shop a few years ago. It was the best money I ever spent.
The one on the right, I acquired recently. It is not near as pristine as the first, but cost me $200 more.
These Legends are slowly becoming extinct.

Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Here is Ted's. It is a Beauty!
Life is Good!

Wicho5981

Superhook

1948 16/0 New old Display stock . Uncleaned . Came with a #13 catalog , L'house box and rod clamp.

This came from an Auction house and is NOS . 60's-70's with the white Keg handle knob.

Tightlines667

Wow Ray.. that first one is a real stunner.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Superhook

Quote from: Tightlines666 on November 05, 2015, 03:26:31 AM
Wow Ray.. that first one is a real stunner.

John,
It came from Ebay about 6 years ago. I considered myself very lucky to win it.

Oceanreels

Here are a couple of mine, some day I should fish with one. First is the 5 O'clock ( first gen. ) handle reel with the same small bridge and sleeve assy. and drags as used on the 12/0.

The second is the 7 O'clock ( second gen. ) handle reel that again has the same bridge, sleeve, and drag assy. as the 12/0 reels. From what I can tell these were made between 1940 & 1941.

Brian Purrone  Member ORCA
http://myfishingreels.weebly.com/

Dominick

Here is my 16/0 juxtaposed with a 1/0 for contrast.  That is brand new 200lb test mono ready to fish.  Please no comments about the mess on my bench.  The last photo of the engraving is spectacular.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Oceanreels

Nice, what's the biggest fish you have landed with it? 
Brian Purrone  Member ORCA
http://myfishingreels.weebly.com/

Dominick

Quote from: Oceanreels on November 05, 2015, 11:55:18 PM
   Nice, what's the biggest fish you have landed with it? 
Brian, I never fished it.  It is too big to lug around and too big for the fish I target.  It really is a shelfie.  If I was going to fish sharks off the beach like Daron I would drag it along.  I big game fish in the Sea of Cortez and could hook into a grander but the odds are against that.  So I look at it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Good Photos Dominick. Sal is holding out on us. ;)
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Nice reels all you guys...........I'm with you Daron, Sal is holding back and gonna pop everyones bubble all at once.

BTW, Dom is hold back too. ;)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

No, not much to show among you guys, Dom is the one you're after ;)

Sharker, I'm no party pooper, so here is mine... he's temporarily holding line a for another reel.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Look at the Shine on that Baby! ;D
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Hold on, I need to find my sun glasses.  8)

Sal, that red handle sets it off over the top. That reel with box and all the goodies could fetch 2 grand on a good day. Now go put it back into hibernation, and thanks for sharing that beautiful 16/0.  One vote for photo of the month !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!