MudHole Balw!

Started by Reel 224, March 25, 2016, 03:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

>:( I should have known better then to place an order with MudHole , but I did. In my own defense I was hoping that it would be an better experience this time. But as luck would have it NO! first they charge me $15 and change for an order that weighed about 2# Cork,Guides,hook keepers. etc. Light stuff. Then I find the jerk on the other end charged my card TWICE! damn! I called them on it, and the guy on the other end blew it off and said well he made a mistake and hit the button twice, and they would credit the card in a few days. I was about to tell him cancel the Fin order, but that would do me no good at all, so I  :-X my mouth. To top it all of I made the order the 22 and they just made the shipping label today ???  >:( This is the very last time I will make an order from them! The should change the name to AzzHole Not MudHole!

Joe     
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Marcq

I feel your pain Joe, I'm really disliking that place. I once ordered a reel seat and it got lost in the mail, it took a lot of arguing with them to get another one shipped to me, end up being a two months ordeal  ::)

I like these places better
http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/rod-building/
http://www.californiatacklehouse.com/

Marc..

STRIPER LOU

Have to agree with you on that one Joe! They are the pits!  >:(  >:(

Dominick

Hey Joe don't forget Jon Vadney who adds so much to this site.  Check out his website.  First go here.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=11638.0 Marq is correct in that California Tackle House is Jon's site.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

Great point, Dominick --

None of us need to go too far off the reservation --

Plus, when we do -- sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't.

If it works out well -- we share it with everyone on the AT site -- if it doesn't pan out, we learn another lesson...

95% of what most of us need -- is already on the AT site -- Jon, Dwight, Adam, Bryan, Alan, Tom, Randy, Black Pearl, Lou, Mr. Mayo, Dawn, Mo at Scott's, Penn, Okuma, and so many others who are just top notch.

Plus all of the help and parts available from members who are family -- in their endeavors to help each other.

My old saying has always been -- "Never leave an old friend for a new one...better to have two friends, respect and confidently use both of their services". 

Kind of corny, I know -- but has always worked well for me.

Thanks for the reminder, Counselor.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Aiala

Quote from: foakes on March 25, 2016, 05:43:09 PM
95% of what most of us need -- is already on the AT site -- Jon, Dwight, Adam, Bryan, Alan, Tom, Randy, Black Pearl, Lou, Mr. Mayo, Dawn, Mo at Scott's, Penn, Okuma, and so many others who are just top notch.

Plus a certain gent who goes by the name of Fred...  ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

David Hall

Been 10 yrs since I ordered anything from them but when I was I never had a single issue with them.
I purchased everything for building five rods from them.  My order was shipped quickly and everything was just as ordered.  Something must have changed?
Not a problem anymore because I will be buying all my new rods from California tackle!

David Hall

Building a rod is kinda like cooking, ten cooks with the same recipe and the food doesn't taste the same from one to the next.
Ten rod builders with the same components will build ten distinct rods.
When you find someone that cooks to your liking stick with them!
Jon is an excellant chef!  Literally! 
Hes pretty talented with building rods too!

Tightlines667

Everyone has been bad mouthing Mudhole, and consequently I worked dillagently on trying to source components elsewhere.  Te local rod building community here on Oahu has been an asset.  However, I must admit that with shipping to HI being an issue, Mudhole has actually been the cheapest and fastest mainland rodbuilding supply company (of the 3 companies I have placed orders 7 orders thus far with).  I will likely continue to order from them.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Sorry for your troubles Joe,
Get Bit is where I go.
Life is Good!

sdlehr

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 25, 2016, 10:00:03 PM
Sorry for your troubles Joe,
Get Bit is where I go.
Very poetic, Daron. I find the folks I've dealt with on the phone at Get Bit do have a better attitude and are more friendly than MudHole, but they make more mistakes on my orders than anyone else...

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Shark Hunter

Poetic as it may seem Sid.
I don't build rods. I know guys that do, and this is where they go.
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Mudhole has advantages due to size and inventory but when I go there nobody knows me. When I walk into Get Bit which is only about 3 miles from them everybody knows me and very customer sensitive. Get Bit is smaller in floor space so they can't stock everything that we can dream of to use but they can get most anything if given a few days. Kevin and team have been very good to me.

whalebreath

Maybe someone here remembers the Mudhole of old-man that was a great little organisation with some truly unique products & great service.

But time has a way of changing things and my own experience of late has been similar to others here-the net has opened up so many different source that 'll use M*dh*l* for reference but I doubt they'll see much business from me.

oc1

I thought that Mudhole was horrible to deal with until I tried Get Bit.  That was an even worse experience.  But, after deciding which blank you want based on manufacturer specs you sort of have to buy it wherever you can find it.
-stev