Bench Vise

Started by Reel 224, July 22, 2016, 03:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

I decided to go out and purchase a new bench vise for my reel repair station and I bought this small versatile Pana Vise It Rotates360 Deg. Tilts 90 Deg. and turns 360 Deg.  It's made in the USA with a life time Warranty. The Model # 301 Price $59.13 at McMasters-Carr. Take a look and see how it fits on a small work top.

Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

foakes

Good purchase, Joe --

I can see many uses for that handy tool.

Thanks for the Ad–Vise!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

swill88

STRIPER LOU

Hey Joe, good to see you around and hope all is well with you and Ruth.
These are great vises and can be quickly adjusted to many different angles. I think the one I have may be a different brand but looks pretty close. Its a great second pair of hands when you need them!
Best to you and Ruth and send her my regards.
..............Lou

swill88

Zimbass

Quote from: foakes on July 22, 2016, 05:06:06 PM
Good purchase, Joe --

I can see many uses for that handy tool.

Thanks for the Ad–Vise!

Best,

Fred

:D :D ;)
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Alto Mare

Nice one Joe, just what I need ;). I didn't even know those were available, thanks!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

cbar45

Nice. That would fit the need perfectly--in between the fly tying vise and that big old hunk of iron in my garage...;)

reelrepair123

thanks for the info  joe,  i also like fred's play on words, ad-vise. nice addition to your shop.   harryk

Bill B

Just what I need another VICE...on top of my other VICES..fishing, hunting, collecting reels......ohhh wait you said VISE.....my bad..... ;D....cool tool the brother.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

cbar45

Quote from: Reel 224 on July 23, 2016, 01:53:39 PM
Quote from: cbar45 on July 23, 2016, 12:04:17 PM
Nice. That would fit the need perfectly--in between the fly tying vise and that big old hunk of iron in my garage...;)

Go to www.panavise.com they have a dozen or more combos you can change to that base, that isn't just a vise.

Joe

Thanks Joe for the the vise advise.. :D

I see they have quite a selection of add-ons to choose from.

swill88

they are sold on amazon too...thanks again Joe

this guy is selling cheap on ebay and will take a lower offer...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231955203807?hash=item36019b86df:g:BfIAAOSwTdJXRMOJ&autorefresh=true

Alto Mare

Thanks to Joe's advise, my vise ha just arrived and got it at a very good price with free shipping:

Thanks Joe it's just what I need ;)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

swill88

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 15, 2016, 10:02:30 PM
Thanks to Joe's advise, my vise ha just arrived and got it at a very good price with free shipping:

Thanks Joe it's just what I need ;)

Sal

X2.... Thanks Joe!

handi2

I needed one just like that today on an older Avet reel. Just some to carefully hold it.

I guess it's my turn to order...

Thanks Joe
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL