bill19803

Started by Shark Hunter, July 24, 2016, 05:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

A shout out to Bill. He hooked me up with this 16/0 off of craig's list in Delaware.
I also got back a shotgun I sold to a friend a while back.
Today was a good day.
Life is Good!

David Hall

Sounds like a very good day!
Congrats on both counts.

cbar45

Nice. Now all that photo needs is a light of some sort, and one of your trademark blades..;)

Jerseymic

Nice one Daron.

Mike.

Alto Mare

Nice to get back items you've sold, especially if you were regretting selling afterwards.
Delaware is nextdoor, how did I miss that  ::)  ;D ...nice reel!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

reelrepair123

nice reel daron,  enjoy.   harryk

STRIPER LOU

I like your style Mr. D.
Nice reel and weaponry!!!!!
...........Lou

Shark Hunter

This one was a really good deal Sal. It came with a nice rod. (Not a Fenwick, but a decent Rainshadow) Lots of extra parts, including two sets of gears. Has an Electramate ss sleeve. It was also loaded with 1000 yards of 300jb JB Hollow Core.
I reeled it onto your 14/0 to clean the spool and it filled it to the brim.
I sent Bill back a small gift with $700 for being such a Team Player.
A 40's 155 Narrowed with ss posts, sleeve and screw upgrade.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Good deals usually go to good guys ;). A nice 14 footer would make it that much sweeter, you never know.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handi2

Another 16/0..!!

You really have it Daron :)
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

bill19803

Big  Guy

was it a one piece spool  or a three piece  on that   monster?
Bill

Shark Hunter

It was definitely a one piece. I asked the experts here before I pulled the trigger. Mike and Ted Come to mind.
I now have three, but I have to give one up to my man Fred.
That spool cleaned up really nice.
A deal is a deal.
My Man Fred is getting a 16 and 14/0 for his collection. It all comes around. ;)
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Nice!  I've watched that for a few months to see if he was going to budge on price, but he seemed quite firm on it.  Congrats Daron and well done Bill  ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Shark Hunter

He took $650 Dan. The rest was shipping.
Life is Good!

bill19803

not being a  true  Penn nut  id never seen  a beachmaster before.  Daron    sent   that  as  gift.Its the  cutest  little  thing  but the  shark  says  its  got  good  guts  so it   will   go on mommas  new    rod calstar gfl 800ml. Checked   and  yes it   fits the  big reel  seat   im using  for the build.  With all the tiny   fish  being  caught  at  jersey  shore  it  will be  just the thing   for her.
Thanks  daron  not necessary but  it   wont be coming back to  you.
bill