Very good bassin today 7/27/16

Started by STRIPER LOU, July 27, 2016, 09:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Headed to the boat this AM and noticed the temps were getting hotter as I got closer to the shore. Anyways, on the water at 4:30 am and the plan was to drag the bunker spoons on the local reefs. Perfect tide!

The machine showed some fish on the boulder piles and I made several passes with the spoons and not even a bump. Did the usual and tried a different direction and NADA. Put on the homemade red/white Slope Head Swimmer and got whacked immediately! This plug just plain works! Tally for 3 hrs was 7 bass to 35lbs and a number of bluefish I didn't even bother to count. If there weren't so many blues around I probably would have done even better.

Back at the dock around 8:00, cleaned the boat and a bass, all others were released and headed home. It was really hot there but when I got home it was darn rite oppressive. Still beats the heck out of winter.
Caught a lot of nice bass so far this year but no real fatties. Any of the fish I've kept I always check to stomach contents and they ain't had much in them at all. A few had bunker but these fish are usually loaded with crabs, lobster, and other baitfish. I am glad though they're eatin what I'm servin !!!!  ;D

All have a great day!  ..  Lou

Bryan Young

Hey, fishing is interrupting with your handle manufacturing.  Get back to work.  You have a lot of expecting customers out there. :D

Nice Bass.  Those look like monsters compared to what we mostly catch here in California. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Rivverrat

always thought the striper was a pretty fish. The one fish that its fresh water version looks a lot alike.

Alto Mare

Nice Lou! Nothing like catching with something you've created ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

great catch Lou.

I got a clothe patch that you might like, I won it on a raffle on SOL forum few years ago.,  6.5" long

The Baja Guy

STRIPER LOU

I'd be interested in it. Please PM me with a price.
Thanks very much,  ..  Lou

steelfish

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on July 28, 2016, 06:17:52 PM
I'd be interested in it. Please PM me with a price.
Thanks very much,  ..  Lou

oops sorry Lou if it sound like I was trying to sell it, (sorry, wrong choosen words) I was just showing off cuz I like it a lot, its one of my small treasures, I even havent found a jacket, hat or pant that it worth to put the patch on permanently
The Baja Guy

STRIPER LOU

No Problem at all. I thought you wanted to sell it. I think I might have an addiction to all things related to Stripped Bass. Ya think????  ::)  ::) Oh well!
Regards,  ..  Lou

steelfish

Quote from: Reel 224 on July 28, 2016, 10:14:01 PM
That patch would be nice. But the real thing is even better.  ;);D, Joe

true on that compadre, I wish I have the chance to catch one of those bass on that size one day..those are some nice fish to catch, nice battles under and above the water

it wont be my first ever striper bass tho, I have actually caught few striper bass like 6-7 years ago, I one have a pic of one of those times, it was right on the border with USA on the All-american cannal, which belongs to the Colorado river (agricultural system), few years ago we could fish that same cannal in the Mexico border the other border of the cannal was USA, it was just a small part of the cannal that was like that, maybe 3-4 miles long, before that zone the cannal was all inside USA and after that zone (3-4 miles) the cannal gets again all inside USA, few months later of that pic, the Border fence was moved right in the other size of the cannal, making it impossible to fish again from Mexico side, so, no more striperBass for me.

this one was too small to take it with me so, it was Catch nd release, this one was 12"-13" on average

The Baja Guy

ChileRelleno

Sounds like a great morning, nice fish and lure.

Striper is one fish still on my bucket list.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

STRIPER LOU

Thanks Mr. D! Any idea which one I want?

Shark Hunter

Ummm.
Life is Good!