Fenwick rods display

Started by Alto Mare, January 16, 2018, 02:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I had these on the ceiling for years, individually covered and never liked the idea. While I was getting rid of some cabinets to clear the room a little, I decided to display them on a wall. I like it much better now.

I also like the little more breathing room

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Carl L

Nice.. Terrific display you have there.. the rods are gorgeous !!

thorhammer

cmon man. you pull all those out on the wall five days after we leave.....:)

Benni3

Now that's how you do it,,,,nice place to kick back  ;D

bhale1

John,
Imagine what's still hidden somewhere😀...
Nice job Sal, looks like a museum... I'd be embarrassed to show a pic of the cluttered mess of a closet where my stuff is stored....but then again we expect Obi-wan-Pennobi to be organized...looks awesome!
Brett

broadway

Sal,
   That sure looks like one heck of a man cave/ workshop.  Cozy, fishy, and full of antique goodies that are rarely seen in the condition yours are in.
Those rods are very tough to come by and should be displayed proudly.  I look forward to meeting them in person this spring or summer.
Thanks for showing us some of your treasures!
Dom

mo65

Bravo...killer cave...love it! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

gstours

Nice job Sal,  How long did it take for the wifee to get all that good stuff "just right"?   Very Nice Indeed.   Thanks for the Inspiration and setting a good example of the upper level of fishing finesse. ;)

Bryan Young

Sweet display Sal.

Do you have a display case your your CrAcks?  Looks as if Penn's are getting pushed out. 😮😁
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MarkT

CrAcks? He has a big flatscreen over the fireplace to watch the Eagles take on the luckiest team on the planet thanks to the dumb play of a New Orleans DB. I'm rooting for the Eagles and I'd love to watch it there... could probably get a good cheesesteak at halftime too!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Bri-Bri, there is only 10 Crack reel in the pack that I'm aware of and the 2 I'm still looking for. Those might be impossible to find :-\. That would make it the shortest collection...thank goodness ::) :)

Quote from: MarkT on January 16, 2018, 05:36:37 AM
CrAcks? He has a big flatscreen over the fireplace to watch the Eagles take on the luckiest team on the planet thanks to the dumb play of a New Orleans DB. I'm rooting for the Eagles and I'd love to watch it there... could probably get a good cheesesteak at halftime too!
Come on over Mark, be careful on the shoes you wear, my ceiling is only 7' :)
The electric fireplace and the flatscreen was only $1000 for both, my 20 year old TV gave up on me and can't have that during the playoffs ;D

Quote from: thorhammer on January 16, 2018, 03:21:24 AM
cmon man. you pull all those out on the wall five days after we leave.....:)

John, I just saw this :D...you did get to see all already. I always had a hard time to take them down if someone wanted to see them.
One of the reason I put them on the wall ;)

By the way, if anyone is limited on space as I am, those vinyl covered utility hooks will come in handy. Find the studds and drill the holes on 30 degrees and 4" apart. This will keep the rods 1 1/4" away from the wall...I like it.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

STRIPER LOU

Perfect display Mr. C. The Fenwicks are terrific rods! Some years ago, we had a sporting goods shop that was going out of business. The prices were very, very good and they had a large inventory of Fenwicks.

I kick myself still for not buying a bunch. Oh well!!! :-\

..............Lou