Re: Super Lube

Started by Midway Tommy, February 24, 2018, 04:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midway Tommy

Good for you, Mike. Keep us posted on the progress, and let Barry & I know what you think of Super Lube. I swear by that stuff. I've got some completely serviced reels that haven't been used in 5 or 8 years and with 10 turns of the crank forwards and backwards they work like they were just lubed yesterday.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Bryan Young

Superlube clear grease???
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 24, 2018, 05:06:43 AM
Superlube clear grease???

Yep. http://www.super-lube.com/synthetic-multipurpose-grease-ezp-49.html

I don't do salt water or casting reels but it's the best thing I've ever found for freshwater spinning reels. Don't know why it wouldn't excel in casting reel applications, too. 

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

mo65

Hey fellas, I don't see it mentioned on the link Tommy provided, but on the tube I bought it says "impervious to salt water and road salt". It's a full synthetic grease, does not contain silicone, compatible with other lubes, food grade, and has absolutely no odor. That's a lot of pluses.8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

El Pescador

Mo & Tommy,

LUV Super Lube, been using it on my Mitchell Garcia 308 for 20+ years and the stuff is slicker than a baby's green nose snot!!!!

I also use it on door hinges, door locks, and any place metal rubs against metal.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

philaroman

is there something between 3oz tube & 400g tub?

El Pescador

Directly from the Super Lube website:

http://www.super-lube.com/synthetic-multipurpose-grease-ezp-49.html

Super LubeĀ® Multi-Purpose Grease is available in the following sizes:

82340........................1 cc Packet of Grease
21006........................................6 cc Syringe
21010........................1/2 oz Tube of Grease
21014............1/2 oz Tube of Grease - BULK
21030...........................3 oz Tube of Grease
21036....................3 oz Cartridge of Grease
41150.............................400 gram Cartridge
41160......................................400 gram Can
41050...............................5 lb Pail of Grease
41030.............................30 lb Pail of Grease
41120..........................120 lb Keg of Grease
41140........................400 lb Drum of Grease

Take your pick!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Midway Tommy

Quote from: philaroman on February 24, 2018, 03:39:23 PM
is there something between 3oz tube & 400g tub?

I don't think so but 400gr is similar to 5 3oz tubes.

QuoteHey fellas, I don't see it mentioned on the link Tommy provided, but on the tube I bought it says "impervious to salt water and road salt". It's a full synthetic grease, does not contain silicone, compatible with other lubes, food grade, and has absolutely no odor. That's a lot of pluses.Cool

My tube says that on the back, too. Not sure why they don't post that on that page but it is listed on their SDS. 

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

handi2

Ive used this grease on many small spinning reels. The grease will turn dark quickly but it works great. Super slippery. Good hair gel..
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Midway Tommy

Quote from: handi2 on February 25, 2018, 11:07:54 PM
Ive used this grease on many small spinning reels. The grease will turn dark quickly but it works great. Super slippery. Good hair gel..

Hmmm?.......Interesting? I've never had it actually turn dark. I have had it take a little color if all the old residue wasn't completely removed but never really had it turn dark, even after 5 or 10 years. It will draw old oil out of brass or bronze parts like gears and main shafts, though, even if they've been buffed and are spotless.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Tiddlerbasher

I've been playing with a similar British product:

https://www.smithandallan.com/products/industrial-grease/4640-smith-and-allan-teflube-plus-2-grease/

I have used it on everything including drags - it's been working fine. It stays where you put it - unlike some greases. Also it doesn't seem to leach oil as some greases do.
I had been using Mercury Quicksilver 2-4-C but that split over time if not used. The last price increase convinced me to change.

Time will tell but I'm very pleased with it at the moment :)

sdlehr

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on February 26, 2018, 01:29:14 PMAlso it doesn't seem to leach oil as some greases do.
Chris, are you referring to the grease separating? Not sure I am following your thoughts.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

nelz

Is this a better alternative to Yama lube?

Hardy Boy

I have been using the super lube grease on drag washers in reels for over two years now including guide reels. It has worked well and has performed just fine and has never broke down even with heavy use. The performance has been good and the reels look great year after year. I started using it on a recommendation from a large reel repair business and they have been using it for years on guide reels. Its easier and cheaper for use to get here in Canada also. I also use the super lube oil on the cork drags on mooching reels.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Gobi King

Sticky = what?

I opened up a reel and the grease was like glue, what is the purpose of being sticky? s
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan