the team

Started by herrscher, October 21, 2012, 12:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herrscher

501, 500, 505; The testbeds.

506, 505, 505->99 accurate mag conversion, international cal's super 12, 2 speed

114H, 114H narrow, 113H, 113H

Yes, I do like Penn reels.  Small reels, heavy line. 

Custom parts by Jvariance, Cal Sheets, Tiburon, Accurate, Al Tani's parts, Lee (Keta - SS dogs), SmoothDrag and last but not forgotten; Carl Newell

Without individuals like these, I couldn't have fun the way I do.  Thanks.
Erik

One ringy-dingy. Two ringy-dingies.

Alto Mare

A man that understands good reels ;). Very nice erik, thanks for showing.
BTW, a couple of those look familiar, did I sell them to you? ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

I like your style... GO team! ;)
Thanks for showing,
Dom

Cone

Nice reels! Thanks for sharing.    Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

redsetta

x2 - great selection!
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

john2244

Nice collection.  How do you like your Cal super 12??  I know they can be built to fish up to 80#, how do you have your reel set up ??
John

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

herrscher

Quote from: john2244 on October 24, 2012, 06:14:23 PM
Nice collection.  How do you like your Cal super 12??  I know they can be built to fish up to 80#, how do you have your reel set up ??

John,

I really like the Super 12.  The work that Eric at Cal's did was nothing short of fantastic.  I had them beat down and whip up an old international 12 into something that can handle very big tuna  (if I'm ever so lucky) With two speeds, double dogs, increasing the drag washer size by 1/2" and all the other tweaks it will pull an honest 25 pounds of drag at strike (and they said 50% more at full). That's a little scary.  :o  I put 60# mono with a short 80# fluorocarbon top shot.  In the single trip with it, a five day out of San Diego, it worked great. Next time it will be 60# braid with a 40#, give or take, top shot.  That way the casting will be easier.  What I like most are the new gear ratios; 5:1 and 2.3:1.  In comparison, a 505hs Jigmaster has the 5:1 ratio and the 130st international has a low ratio of 2.2:1.  A little like combining a Buick V-6 Twin Turbo Grand National with a John Deer Tractor.   ::)

Erik

One ringy-dingy. Two ringy-dingies.