Okuma Fishing Customer Sevice

Started by ranaman, June 14, 2013, 08:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranaman

Since we bash lots of buisnesses on customer service have to tip the hat to Daniel Ramos at Okuma  Above and beyond customer service when I found a little problem with my 1 1/2 year old Titus Gold. In addition they are giving me the oportunity to own the best in class (Alan's words) Makaira SEa II for an incredible discount for my troubles with this Titus and a Cedros spinning last year. Which was also replaced no problem!

handi2

I too had great sevice form the same person at Okuma. Plus they set me up an account with 40% off future orders. The entire process was very easy and professional.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

The contact name and number is;

Daniel @ 1-909 923-2828 for all your Okuma parts.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

hope Okuma will give me something. my mak 10sea arrived too late...

bnz

I've had nothing but positive experiences and very helpful service personnel whenever I've called as well. 

gstours

I was frustrated for a long time in trying to get parts for some reels, and woww man its like a breath of fresh air,  no smog....the Okuma people are great in listening ,and helpin, providing the part i need in a quick less costly manner....I would recommend for parts and service, and  warranty work calling Ron at 909-923-2828 as they ship USPS as well.........gstours.... ::)

steelfish

well this kind of old thread but this buddy Daniel Ramos always make you feel like an old friend on the phone or email.. hes an awesome guys

helped me with zero hassles with the lifetime warranty of on freshwater rod (citrix) and sent me another with no questions

I will sell my trevala rod to getme a cedros jigging rod right now, the rod feels better and the CS is awesome.

The Baja Guy

alantani

i think the guys at okuma are really starting to have some fun.  it used to be that an okuma rep would walk into a store and people would roll their eyes.  no more!  they've done a great job changing that around.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

theswimmer

Quote from: steelfish on March 31, 2015, 12:54:42 AM
well this kind of old thread but this buddy Daniel Ramos always make you feel like an old friend on the phone or email.. hes an awesome guys

helped me with zero hassles with the lifetime warranty of on freshwater rod (citrix) and sent me another with no questions

I will sell my trevala rod to getme a cedros jigging rod right now, the rod feels better and the CS is awesome.

I have fished Okuma freshwater rods and reels for quite a while.
Quality service ,fast and no hassle service.All I have ever paid for was shipping once.
MissMari bought me a Cedros jigging rod for my birthday last year and for the price point I don't think you can beat it.I love the quality.Alps reel seat for under $140? And a lifetime warranty?
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

steelfish

Quote from: theswimmer on March 31, 2015, 09:33:01 AM
MissMari bought me a Cedros jigging rod for my birthday last year and for the price point I don't think you can beat it.I love the quality.Alps reel seat for under $140? And a lifetime warranty?

my exact thoughts...

ny the way, what model did you get?  M or XH?  I know jigging rods tend to be really parabolic but I dont want the spaguetti feeling of the trevala, dont want to talk bad about the trevala but the model I have is to flimsy

The Baja Guy

theswimmer

Quote from: steelfish on March 31, 2015, 11:04:28 PM

my exact thoughts...

ny the way, what model did you get?  M or XH?  I know jigging rods tend to be really parabolic but I dont want the spaguetti feeling of the trevala, dont want to talk bad about the trevala but the model I have is to flimsy

I got the m .Probably good to about a 25-30 lb fish max .After that you would be pushing the rod pretty hard. Biggest so far for me on this rod is about 10-11 lbs.

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Quote from: steelfish on March 31, 2015, 11:04:28 PM

my exact thoughts...

I have been reminded by one of my fishing partners about my sizing fish.
'The Stink ' claims the Cedros M is good for up to 15-16 lb fish.
he caught several fish in the 10 lb range on my rod and thought the rod was straing at that.
He also, great friend that he is stated that "Biggest fish you caught on that rod was 5lbs!"
Some friend... zz.

Errol Flynn