Penn SS Arms Penn 60s, Long Beaches, Jigmasters, and Smaller Senators

Started by Bryan Young, October 18, 2013, 02:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Hi Guys/Gals,

Here is Alan's new SS Arms for Penn Reels.  Handles are priced at $13.  A perfect match for the 3/0 or 5/0 handle grip http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7325.0.  If ordering, please send a check to alan tani, 12362 ted court, saratoga, ca 95070 and He'll ship out them out.

The drawing

and the finished product

The following pictures are comparisons between stock handles and Alan's new 3/0 and 5/0 handles.

Penn Jigmaster, including Squidders, 60 series, Long Beach Series, 112/H, 113,...

Penn 4/0 (113H)

And Penn 6/0s and 9/0s (114, 114H, 115)

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broschro

Going to need one of these  :o for the turbo charged 99 size  505   8)

Ron Jones

As nice as these are, I still prefer the straight arms Alan had made up a while ago. I think I have 6 reels with them on and I'd put them on every reel I own if they'd fit.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 18, 2013, 07:25:49 PM
I hear you.  Alan loves the classic penn look.
Love the handles, is an additional 1/2" in length possible to get on all? That's the size that I'm most comfortable with, I know those have multiple holes, but I still like them to be 1/2" longer than stock.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

franky

Hello Brian or Alan,

I have a 113 H senator. 

Is the thickness of the SS arms the same as the thickness of the factory Penn arm?

I've worked on a couple of senators that someone else put a tiburon handle on, and the handle did not sit flush on the end of the gear sleeve.  The tiburon handle thickness was thicker than the factory one and therefore the handle only sat down 75% on the gear sleeve.  The other 25% was sticking above the end of the gear sleeve.  :-\  When I put the handle nut on, I was not comfortable that the threads on the nut was not sitting all the way in the gear sleeve.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Franky  :)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

franky

Thanks Alan for the quick response.

In that case, can you send one over.  Again, its for a penn 113 4/0 reel.  :)

I'll pm you my address.

Thanks,

Franky

alantani

i normally recommend the 5/0 grip.  is that one ok or did you want the smaller 3/0?

franky

Quote from: alantani on January 29, 2014, 09:07:26 PM
i normally recommend the 5/0 grip.  is that one ok or did you want the smaller 3/0?

Oh no, thanks Alan, but the guy already has a power knob.  Just his handle arm is bent.

Thanks though...

alantani

the hole drilled for the handle grip is big enough to only accomodate a 10-32 machine screw, 3/16ths of an inch.  let me know if that will not work. 

franky

Quote from: alantani on January 29, 2014, 09:15:23 PM
the hole drilled for the handle grip is big enough to only accomodate a 10-32 machine screw, 3/16ths of an inch.  let me know if that will not work. 

Oh.  The power handle that he has is the anodized handle from smoothdrag.  The one with the holes all around the knob.  Will that knob go on this SS arm?

broschro

Quote from: franky on January 29, 2014, 10:41:14 PM
Quote from: alantani on January 29, 2014, 09:15:23 PM

Oh.  The power handle that he has is the anodized handle from smoothdrag.  The one with the holes all around the knob.  Will that knob go on this SS arm?i
yesn

alantani

franky

Awesome, send one over.  :)

Your SS arms are quality made, resist rust, and very durable! Perfect for the salt water fishing.

Thanks Alan.