6/14/08 - 3rd place, grady white tournament

Started by alantani, December 10, 2008, 07:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

man, i'm beat. took dad, my brother and my nephew out to the the grady white derby. richie took third place with an 8 pound ling. i nailed a 6 pound cab and we took 3/4 limits of rockfish on live bait. actually, they used live bait and used iron. i pretty much kept pace with them. hey, iron works!

this, and a couple of grady shirts, has always been the father's day present from me and my brother.

that damned nephew of mine is the luckiest kid i've ever met. he did the same thing last year, sticking a nice ling when the rest of us were pulling up nothing but rock fish.

i saw that fish come up and thought it might be a money fish. i am so rusty with a gaff that i just went for a body shot. didn't want to take a chance on a head shot after not holding a gaff for 8 months.

funny, this fish sort of reminds me of my brother's ex-wife!

here's bobby.

and frank.

nice to be on the water, but damn was it expensive. gas for the truck was $52, gas for the boat was $186. we ran all the way from santa cruz to pigeon point. i figured out that the border from the ano nuevo reserve was inside the 122.21 line. that leaves alot of water to still fish. it's just a long #### run.

anyway, that's it. my first fishing report for the year. the next report will be coming off the royal polaris.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!