Can anyone identify this reel?

Started by hippie, March 03, 2014, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippie

Ok men, alot of you are true experts on Daiwa Reels. I own two of these but cannot find the model numbers or any other marks. I know they are Daiwa and in the Graphite series but nothing else.
Thank you, Bob

Bryan Young

Is there a size associated with that reel?  Like 1300, 2600,...?

If so, it's probably the size followed by a B, like 1300B.

At least that is what I think it is.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

foakes

Bryan and Philaroman are right -- we just need to narrow down the size.

In one of my 1989 Daiwa Parts & Service Manuals, it lists this front drag TL Series in (4) models -- TL2600B, TL4000B, TL7000B, & TL9000B.

It appears to be the same as the 7000 that Philaroman pulled off of ebay -- going by the line yardage measurements on both spools -- unless they used the same spool for multiple reels?

There are (4) smaller TL series (TL1050B, TL1350B, TL1650B, & TL2050B) -- but they can be eliminated because they have a rear drag setup.  Generally, the larger reels for surf-casting or ocean fishing will have only front drags like yours -- since that holds up better in the salt or if it got dunked.

Here is a link to the schematic and parts list from Mike's Reel Repair: 

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/daiwa/Daiwa_TL7000B.pdf

The others should be on Mike's site also -- if not, I do have all of them.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

madday

looks like daiwa carbo sprinter....
owned that reel in my childhood, did self lubricating, and realized the gear was stainless steel, and outlast my brother's shimano.... somehow lost that reel now...  :'(

hippie

Well you men know your stuff! That pic of a TL7000B appears to be it. I had searched for 3 weeks trying to find that out and you men had the answer the same day I posted! Thanks to all of you, Bob

philaroman

Quote from: madday on March 04, 2014, 12:06:05 AM
looks like daiwa carbo sprinter....
owned that reel in my childhood, did self lubricating, and realized the gear was stainless steel, and outlast my brother's shimano.... somehow lost that reel now...  :'(

saw one of those on eBay, as well, while looking for hippie's reel.  was wondering why such a simple old clunker attracted several bids & sold for $40+  I guess steel gears are a pretty good reason