Penn 113 Metal Senator 4/0

Started by OldSchool, March 04, 2014, 03:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchool

QuoteI've just purchase the last one at amazon Japan at around US$180

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:HARFE1dUD9gJ:www.amazon.co.jp/PENN-SENATOR-METAL-REEL-113MTL/dp/B00565TOZG+&cd=31&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Its compulsory to teach  Japanese in Queensland schools....i can see a practical purpose for this now. That was a good find and a great price.

Nuvole

I finally got hold of the reel. It end up costing me quite a bit to ship as I've to use forwarding service.

The reel is very solid, hence weight quite a bit more than the standard senator 113.
On Penn's catalog, it should come with a solid bar on the top(where the lug sit). But the actual reel came with two post instead.

The minus would be the graphite screw on compartment on the right side plate. I guess its a cost issue for them to make it one piece like the international series.

IMHO, Its over all a very fine reel, very well grease right out of the box. Its a "perfect" senator built and cost wise( tiburon frame + AccuPlates will cost more) out of the box. I've purchase mine for purely collection purpose. For daily useage purpose, I would probably stick with my old 113 and/or reel of current technology.

handi2

I didn't like the graphite part either. Aluminum would have been perfect. Also a bearing where the pinion bushing is located in that part...
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL