Left Hand Conversion of 545GS and 506HS

Started by intili, March 12, 2014, 05:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

intili

Hello all, does anyone know if the 545 and 555GS series can be converted to left hand, as well as the older 506HS? Thanks,

Bryan Young

The 506HS could but you would need to use the components from the 500 Left handed parts bin.  I'm not sure if they made a lefty version of the 505/506HS reels.

I believe that Alan has SS gear sleeves as well.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

intili

Thanks Bryan, Tony at Penn indicated that the 500 parts would not work due to the difference in height of the main gear, but that may just be an issue of relief grinding, probably not worth the effort, it was just so I could sell it to a leftie, i'll just wait for a rightie to buy it!

Bryan Young

Quote from: intili on March 12, 2014, 10:21:14 PM
Thanks Bryan, Tony at Penn indicated that the 500 parts would not work due to the difference in height of the main gear, but that may just be an issue of relief grinding, probably not worth the effort, it was just so I could sell it to a leftie, i'll just wait for a rightie to buy it!
I'm 99% sure that Tony has it in reverse.  The 506HS main gear is taller than the 500 main gear.

See the main gear in Alan's photo.  The top is flat.

The gear on the left is for the 505/506 jigmaster.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D