Abu Spools and Corrosion

Started by Prefessa, March 05, 2014, 04:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prefessa

Guys the old Blackies are pretty corrosion resistant...the silver ones are not. In a SW envioronment what do you do to prevent corrosion on spools.
Religiously after use I generally clean with a mixture of salt-X and little Palmolive Free n Clear then rinse. Dry and the reel frame gets corrosion X...but I generally do not spray this stuff onto Mono or Braid.

Recomendations...???

Bryan Young

I normally wax the spool with Carnuba wax or have a light coat of grease (due to servicing) before spooling.  I haven't had a problem yet. 

I wash down my Abus with warm water as well and air dry.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nuvole

I rub them with silicon grease before spooling.

aus bass

Before spooling i spray mine with a decent aerosol oil. I own many abu's and have not had an issue yet. I also spray my reels over with a mix of Salt-away and freshwater then leave to drip dry.
The greatest lie a reel repairer ever told was "yes dear this is a customers reel".

LTM

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 05, 2014, 05:00:48 PM
I normally wax the spool with Carnuba wax or have a light coat of grease (due to servicing) before spooling.  I haven't had a problem yet. 

I wash down my Abus with warm water as well and air dry.
Bryan,

Post some photos of YOUR gear in the photo section for us PLEASE.

Leo