Penn int. II 16s vs Penn int. II 20t with 2speed conversion

Started by reelfast, March 05, 2014, 01:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reelfast

Are they basically the same except for the line capacity? it look like the 16s may have a little more? The 20t is no longer in production?  Does this make it worth more?

alantani

not sure of the line capacity, but they should be close.  the 20 is a taller reel, though, and it is more likely to have bearings sleeves since they were all custom jobs by cal sheets. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tightlines667

I just finished up a service on a 20, and ran into a little trouble upgrading the drag to HT-100, and fixing the clicker since the older reel parts are harder to come by.  I neede to get an entire new clicker assembly despite only needing a new spring and pawl, and luckily I was able to find a 3rd gen replacement disc (no longer typically available), and avoid having to replace the spool shaft, pinion (and main), to work with the new duradrag integrated disc/plate.  You shouldn't have the same issues with the 20T, but it would pay to check parts availability given the serial number (indicates what gen reel it is), before getting in too deep.  Check Scott's, they have all the model change info you need to make an informed decision.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

reelfast

Wow!That's an awesome picture! I'm not that brave yet. thanks for all the info, I'm leaning towards the 16s, they seem are a little pricey? but worth it!

Big Tim

WOW...That looks a lot like what my Daiwa SLT30 looked like on my desk...I'm just glad i got it back together and it works, especially since it was my first reel I ever had appart. :o