Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 19, 2015, 10:39:04 PM
Yes, that looks like an old style hot dog handle. Just say the word Aiala, and I can send you a plinth for your purple reel. ;)

Daron, I would honored to display my reel on a genuine Made-by-Shark plinth!! I have just the right place on my bookshelf, too.

Shall I pm you my address?   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Yes,
And a measurement from the clamp bolts. Center to Center.
Life is Good!

Unutt

I cannot compete with the Penn collections, but these are colorful and shiny.  They were fun to take apart and put back together. 

The K-Mart reel is surprisingly high quality.
So many reels, so little time.

spottybastard

Those K-Mart reels look pretty nice.  I wonder who the actual manufacture was?

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Unutt

And the lady of the lake.

This reel went overboard on January 3, 2009, with the pictured rod attached, of course.  During January 2009, I purchased an underwater camera.  On February 7, 2009, I went after it.  I found it within like a minute.  When the camera hit the bottom (about 10 feet), it landed just in front of the reel, looking up along the eyes of the rod.  Thinking it would take some time to find it, it took me a minute to realize what I was looking at. 

It took awhile to retrieve because it was tangled in several thousand yards of fishing line, but I did save it.  I still use it.  The damage was surprisingly light.  Clean and lube, and new bearings.  I also dragged in the huge ball of fishing line.  Countless anglers contributed to that mess.  I cannot say how many hooks and swivels and spinnerbaits I threw away when I got home.

The rod did not last long afterward.  One or two good hook sets and it snapped.  I guess the 34 day bath was not good for the graphite.

If you fish long enough, you have lots of interesting experiences.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

JoePlo

My baby collection. Reels belonged to my 84 year old grandfather. All reels he owned and grew up with. Very grateful to be able to clean them up and take care of them.

Love this reel. Engineering is amazing.

Unutt

WOW, grandfather had great taste in reels.  I am sure he would be happy that you still appreciate them!

Alto Mare

Yep, same here, your grandfather had great taste in fishing reels. That Delfino from Zangi is a tank of a reel....keep it alive ;).
Thanks for sharing.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

JoePlo

Alto I would love to keep the Delfino alive but it is pretty brittle. The reel seat has cracked apart and the rest is pretty seized. I will try and clean it up a bit and it will be a nice shelf item. Really love getting all into fighting shape but that one is not gonna make it.

Alto Mare

must have been the one he used the most, some still come around on line, but are usually not cheap.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

Shark Hunter

Very Nice Joe! ;)
Life is Good!

TomT

I know if I was your Grandpa, I would be very proud of you. ;D ;D
TomT