Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

It was a trade for a 14 and 16/0.
Life is Good!

Donnyboat

thanks for that Daron, i have`nt seen it yet, seller is asking $ AU 225 for it, cheers don.
Don, or donnyboat

Mjg378

Ok I'm a newbie.   I'm going to try to add a photo
There's a Zebco 202 in there from the early 1970s. 
Just like you all here I've always loved fishing and most of the early reels as they failed I took them apart trying to figure out how to fix them.  Then I found alantani.com!  WOW.  I now was able to repair my reels and soon started collecting.   

Mjg378

I've got a few more ;D in the shed and a rack or two or three  of rods there too .    When I was taking pictures my wife remarked she might need to go shopping  ::)

thorhammer

Doh!!!! Homer, first rule of AT is NEVER take the pics for this thread when significant other is home. You'll get us all busted :)   Just kidding that's a nice spread you got there, let's see the rest and welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games!!!!

John

Mjg378

Thanks,  it sure is addicting.   ;D

Bill B

Ohhhh yeah.....you has been assimilated......and now part of the collective  :D......welcome and we look forward to your posts....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

gstours

Welcome to the addiction, as were all in this togather I thought of another tip for your good health. ???
   Never show more reels in a single picture as the wife has shoes!   Of coarse i.m just kidding.   And watch out for flying objects! :-*

foakes

Quote from: gstours on December 17, 2016, 04:38:07 PM
Welcome to the addiction, as were all in this togather I thought of another tip for your good health. ???
   Never show more reels in a single picture as the wife has shoes!   Of coarse i.m just kidding.   And watch out for flying objects! :-*

As men, we think it reasonable to compare the number of pairs of shoes to our reel collection -- right?

WRONG!!!

According to my wife, and most women I know -- one has nothing to do with the other.

Trust me -- it doesn't work like that...

Nice, quality collection, Mjg -- good work also...

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Superhook

If you buy wisely you always have the chance to recoup your money or even make a profit.  If the belittler can not say that about their spending then maybe they should review their own spending habits.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Superhook on December 17, 2016, 08:32:09 PM

If you buy wisely you always have the chance to recoup your money or even make a profit.  If the belittler can not say that about their spending then maybe they should review their own spending habits.

Ha ha, good analogy Ray, my wife has no spending habits....only saving habit ::). I always let her know when I sell a reel for a profit. It's the non-profit ones she doesn't need to know about  ;) ;). Just breaking even is sometimes a challenge, and building a custom reel will always cost more than the reel will sell for. We all know that :D :D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tightlines667

Quote from: Mjg378 on December 16, 2016, 07:57:40 PM
Ok I'm a newbie.   I'm going to try to add a photo
There's a Zebco 202 in there from the early 1970s. 
Just like you all here I've always loved fishing and most of the early reels as they failed I took them apart trying to figure out how to fix them.  Then I found alantani.com!  WOW.  I now was able to repair my reels and soon started collecting.   

My eyes are immediately drawn to that prewar Penn with the clamp and 6 bars (a first year 3/0?), and those german silver Kentucky casting reels (B.F.Meek's & Son's or possibly Horton?), and the Hendrix skeleton.  You've got some good workhorses as well.

Thanks for sharing!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thorhammer

Y'all are on slippery slope here. I'd ease off on shoe reference until Aiala weighs in. She's the most well-spoken by far and her retort might be as gentle as a YFT on a beach master.  Forewarned is forearmed. Although I am now curious as to whether she has more reels or shoes.  This could be s turning point for us hoarders.

Dominick

Quote from: foakes on December 17, 2016, 05:25:17 PM
Quote from: gstours on December 17, 2016, 04:38:07 PM

As men, we think it reasonable to compare the number of pairs of shoes to our reel collection -- right?

WRONG!!!

According to my wife, and most women I know -- one has nothing to do with the other.

Trust me -- it doesn't work like that...

Nice, quality collection, Mjg -- good work also...

Best Always,

Fred
Yeah-but ask them to explain the difference.  The only difference is these are mine and those are yours.  ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Mjg378

Thanks for the comments.    ive learned so much from Alan and all you guys on this 'really' great site. 
Tightline666 I took a few pictures of the 6 bar 3/0.  I picked this up so long ago I don't remember.  Used it in Florida a few times before buying a high speed model.  I cleaned it up with Alan's tutorial and even added a 5 stack drag to it with out having to dremmel.
Used it again, (cleaned it up again of course) great reel but have to admit I like the higher speed