Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwilson99

My humble collection of Newells, I have added a few more since they was taken. Have other reels, but they are packed away to avoid a beating from the wife lol
David

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

STRIPER LOU

That's a very nice batch of Newell's Mr. Wilson.

.................Lou

Carl L

Mr Wilson, that is a sweeet collection !!! They all look great !! Carl Newell is one I would have loved to meet as he was an interesting guy !!

Swami805

Nice looking group of Newells, still my all time favorite reel. That's a little slice of newell heaven right there.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Midway Tommy

Don't let Dennis near them, Mr Wilson.  :D Nice group!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

mrwilson99

Thanks guys, let me get some time to gather all my reels and take a group shot...when the wife is away haha
David

thorhammer

Nothing humble about that....nice stand. I see some T-bar upgrades i think. they are nce.

mrwilson99

A few upgraded frames, handles and all of them have upgraded drags to HT-100 with the exception of the 533 which has Bryan's upgrades stack.

Quote from: thorhammer on January 17, 2018, 12:43:16 PM
Nothing humble about that....nice stand. I see some T-bar upgrades i think. they are nce.
David

thorhammer

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM
I have come a long way since I came here. I enjoy it every day and consider you all my friends! ;)
I am a simple person that doesn't ask for much. I work hard and enjoy the simple things in life. ;D
I hope you all will express yourself as I have, and I enjoy building and refurbishing every one of these!
14/0's in the back, 16/0 in front of the Everol 14/0, 12/0's next, then the 10/0's. 9/0's and 114H's on the right. A few Jigmasters and Surfmasters in the front.
Super Mariners, The Tank, and the Wex! ;)
Nothing but Cherries Al!
A couple rigs I'm ready to bring to the Gulf Coast in two short months! 14/0 on the right with a Batson Rainshadow 130 lb 5'6" blank with Zirconium guides, two 12/0's with the Big Nasty and a two piece Davis roller rod, 9/0 on a 100lb roller rod and a 114H on a Senator Mariner rod.
I couldn't fit these on the table.
A few more rods I haven't rigged yet. Winthrop roller, Billfisher 80 lb, Custom wood handle 80 lb and a few other roller rods.
Your turn Guys! Pull out all the stops! Lets see what you Got! ;)

i always chuckle when i see this....that was already an outstanding collection four years ago when you had "come a long way". I expect your definition of what is a long way has changed since then lol....

Shark Hunter

I do have a bigger Kitchen Table now, but not big enough. ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

WOW buddy, you need to control yourself ;D!  time to get a display cabinet on craigslist ;)
That's about $20,000 sitting on that table and I'm not counting the custom parts ;D

Very nice Daron!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mrwilson99

Now that's some collection right there!
David

Shark Hunter

Guys,
This thread was started four years ago. This is the original post that started it.
I could fill that table probably four times now.
Yes, I have a problem.
But, I don't own anyone a dime and am sitting well for my retirement in about 10 years or so.
Life is Good!