Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Very nice collection Vilters, looks like you've been at it for a while. Keep that 970, they don't make them as those anymore.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Mattman NZ

That's a very nice collection you have there vilters - puts mine to shame.

Unutt

Quote from: Big Tim on December 07, 2014, 03:06:46 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on December 07, 2014, 02:55:27 AM
Ok Tim, how do you get all of this cool info? Thanks for sharing Bud ;).

I believe if I told you I might have to kill you or at least fish with you  ;D ;D ;D I am an internet whore an a rain man when it comes to #'s and such. I am a master Harley & Automotive mechanic, I have a love of fishing related items and Harley Davidson & this has lead me to many interesting items, people and life lessons  ;D ;D ;D My Harley collection of pre 1950 parts is 5 times that of my fishing related items & I hope to have it all some day pay for a nice retirement and a life of fishing riding and meeting more interesting people. Come on the Alan Tani Express AND i WILL TELL YOU MORE  ;D ;D ;D

Tim,

I have an 08 FatBoy.  I am certain I can generate a Harley question from time to time.

Mike
So many reels, so little time.

Big Tim

Mike, I'm a Fatboy fan as well...Nice bike

Porthos

Quote from: vilters on January 04, 2015, 07:05:45 PM...the 970 was my dad's reel. it has a problem w/ the anti-reverse, so it has sat in storage for years. recently, a friend was looking for one & told me about how beefy these little reels are. so it is in line to get "the treatment" after I do some others first...

If nothing else, open up the 970 and ID the exact issue now. 970 parts are hard to come by at a reasonable price depending on what is needed; won't be getting any easier in the future.

Aiala

Here is the latest 113H addition to my Color Guard:

Now I just need to find the matching purse and shoes...!   ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

vilters

very nice, those colors go together well. it's even on a plinth!

Tightlines667

Thats a pretty one.  Is that an older style AT knob assembly?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Penn Chronology

:BEAUTIFUL REEL!

QuoteNow I just need to find the matching purse and shoes...!   Grin
Now there is a problem that I have never run into. :D

Aiala

Quote from: vilters on January 19, 2015, 08:41:50 PM
It's even on a plinth!

It's not a real Mr. Shark-style plinth, alas, just a couple of plastic blocks.  :)

~A~

Aiala

Quote from: Tightlines666 on January 19, 2015, 08:50:18 PM
Is that an older style AT knob assembly?

I haven't a clue, actually. It came on a JVariance 4/0 I bought on eBay, but the knob would barely turn, so I took the whole handle off. I managed to remove the knob and discovered that someone had gummed up the inside spindle with what I assume was red Loctite!  :P

Anyway, I finally managed to clean the stuff out and now the handle works fine, so I put it on this reel. Is it really one of Alan's designs? Lucky me!   :D

~A~

Shark Hunter

Yes, that looks like an old style hot dog handle. Just say the word Aiala, and I can send you a plinth for your purple reel. ;)
Life is Good!

redsetta

Great reel Aiala - that sideplate looks bombproof!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

BMITCH

Beautiful reel Aiala! Fish the hell outta it :D
luck is the residue of design.

Aiala

Quote from: BMITCH on January 19, 2015, 11:38:47 PM
Beautiful reel Aiala! Fish the hell outta it :D

That's the plan, Mitch! Big mean Cedros YTs on the SOA!  ;)

~A~