Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn Chronology

QuoteVery nice Mike. A lot of work went into building those shelves.  Have to ask what's on the other three walls?

Directly opposite are the shelves the collection was in before. Then there is a window on one end and a closet on the other. The room is a small 10 by 11 foot bedroom before I took it over. Used to be a guest room, now the guests have to sleep in the yard.................<:O)

QuoteVery nice new set up Mike.  You have obviously invested serious amounts of time and dedication to your collection; quite amazing.  When you get a chance, maybe add the photos to the 'cabinets and displays' post in the Antique section, that way your custom work can motivate some of us in the future

Thanks. I will add the photos to that section, with a few more for fun.  Now I have to go try to find the thread you are talking about. I think it is the one with Broadway Joe's and Sal's fabulous works of art they call display cabinets.

steelfish

finally I have the time and the reels together for a family picture.

this is nothing compared to some of your collections, but for now they conver most of my current fishing needs.
most of them have been upgraded and tinkered with the help of the reel gurus here as well as from help from the boss

I still need many parts, handles, knobs to have them how I want them.. but I not in a hurry

first the casting family

Penn on the left, next Daiwa, Shimano and abu garcia to the right and my casting reels with my few spinners (mostly for my kids and wife when we fish from the beach)

The Baja Guy

thorhammer

Nice stand of equipment! I wish I had a Van Staal on the OBX as a kid!!!!!!!!!!!

cbar45

Steelfish,

Looking sharp! What happened to the left side-plate on that 113h?

Chad

steelfish

Quote from: cbar45 on January 12, 2016, 10:06:16 PM
What happened to the left side-plate on that 113h?

Chad, That is an accuplate That I found forgotten on a basement of a good friend.
The Baja Guy

cbar45

I meant what happened to the original sideplate...Think I might be coming down w/reel OCD when things like this grab your attention..;)

Chad

steelfish

Quote from: cbar45 on January 12, 2016, 11:16:32 PM
I meant what happened to the original sideplate...

well, the stock left side plate is now installed on 113h old model (burgundy) from a customer that need it a new bearing/rings

The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

Now that is Customer service! ;D
Life is Good!

Ling

Not as impressive as most out there, so I added a few pistols to round it out.  AND those awesome bearing packers.

Ron Jones

I actually really like the way the acuplates look on the graphite half frame. I bet that is one rigid reel.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

steelfish

Quote from: noyb72 on February 01, 2016, 05:57:29 AM
I actually really like the way the acuplates look on the graphite half frame. I bet that is one rigid reel.
Ron

Yep, I also like how they look too.
You can bet both parts make the reel feels 2x more rigid than stock plates with posts.
It just need SS sleeve and test it with a nice fish .. it has AS gears and Keta octagon inserts drags

The Baja Guy

BryanC

Here is my collection.

Reels on display on my TV stand in my living room:

Here are some more reels:

And some rods, plus a few more reels in the garage:

coastal_dan

Very nice Bryan...some serious shelfies and users in the mix. Thanks for sharing.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Penn Chronology

Very interesting collection Bryan. Old and new together always makes for good conversation.