Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotone

4/0 Wide's and 4/0 Blackies.

LB68 and 113hlw in the back.

LB66/113N ,113 and LB68/113/wide. The US Senator 113 Std width looks to be same as the LB66/113N Senator when side by side.

Ted your Frosty kit looks super on 113n!

Thanks to Ted for his knowledge of the LongBeach and Jay for having some parts on his online store.

twotone

Maxed Out

Wow Anthony, some of your creations are reels I've not seen before. Very impressive.

The black 113 4/0 is often overlooked because of the popularity of it's high speed brethren(113H). These are excellent examples of the limitless potential of those old blackies. What's next Anthony ??....inquiring minds need to know  :D :D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Very nice collection you got going there, those are very capable reels, in case you wanted to get them wet.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

I got to spend the evening going through an entire Dam Quick Collection.
Thank You Fred. I've been looking forward to this.
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Sigh....

I had dreams of doing the same thing one day, but ya beat me to it.  ;)

That grouping should stay together.  Not sure how long it would take to put that together, but I do know it's special.

Enjoy those reels.

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

I am definitely keeping them together John.
This is a piece of History here.
A few added bonus reels.
Some Shakespeare's and Mitchell's.
The Pièce de résistance.
A Penn Angelsea. :o
Life is Good!

twotone

Sh I've only one DQ, wish I had more. Sweet reel. Mine is from my youth , I used it for LG mouth bass. I got it from my uncle as gift.
Fred restored it for me. He has all the parts.

Forgot to mention above,Ted's frosty bars were his rejects. I received them before he sanded the others to perfection and re-anodized.

If I remember right he kept two, he said they weren't good enough of.  I asked for pics and I liked the frosty for the old Lb66N.

It looks good Ted , if you could only see it in person. You would have kept more. It's like smoked silver instead of smoked black.

Sorry I didnt mean to hi/sky/jack.

twotone

Shark Hunter

You can Hi/sky/jack any time Anthony. ;)
Fred offered these in exchange for a 14 and 16/0.
I jumped at the chance.
Everyone had a shot. I didn't even have to dip into my personal stash.
I just bought them and fixed them up.
I really enjoyed the evening ogling every single one.
I was getting some looks from the misses.
They are all put away now. Labeled, categorized and put into the Vault.
Life is Good!

Donnyboat

Hi Daron and co, i am new to overhead reel, maybe you could look at these specees, and tell me if they fit into the large catagory of overhead reels and maybe rough value in american dollars, the 1st-Avet SN#HX6/2R-11838 the 2nd is a Penn international 30VSX 2 speed, thanks donnyboat.
Don, or donnyboat

Alto Mare

Those look nice Daron.
Would be great to see them standing and lined up with a better pic.

Enjoy them.

Sal

BTW...  I think you need a bigger display cabinet  :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Donnyboat on November 27, 2016, 01:16:48 PM
Hi Daron and co, i am new to overhead reel, maybe you could look at these specees, and tell me if they fit into the large catagory of overhead reels and maybe rough value in american dollars, the 1st-Avet SN#HX6/2R-11838 the 2nd is a Penn international 30VSX 2 speed, thanks donnyboat.
Donny,
I really don't know enough about Avet's or small International's to give you a recommendation.
If you post these questions in the Avet and International Section, I'm sure someone more qualified can answer your question.
Sorry, I can't be more help.
Life is Good!

Donnyboat

Okay Daron, thanks for your promt reply, you know anything about a Penn gold 20, sorry thats all i have on it for now, i am trying to get more details on it, thank and cheers don.
Don, or donnyboat

Shark Hunter

Just the spec's from Mystic
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/ReelSpecs/PennSingleSpeed_20_20T.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackles old online store over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Life is Good!

handi2

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 27, 2016, 06:01:16 AM
I got to spend the evening going through an entire Dam Quick Collection.
Thank You Fred. I've been looking forward to this.

Wow Daron how did you score those reels?

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL