Setting my brother up

Started by Alto Mare, March 10, 2014, 08:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

My brother Mike stopped over my house a couple of week ago, he came from Italy on his way to Santo Domingo. His lovely wife Angela is from there.
The last time he came over, he told me that the fishermen used their hand to hold the line there, so I set him up with a rod and reel.
This is what he sends me today, I thought I share it with you guys:

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Looks like one happy brother! What reel did you give him?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

john2244

Great picture !!  It is funny how differently we fish.  A few years ago I went fishing with a friend who lives on Sardinia and we fished with hand lines from his 20FT boat.  He has lived there all his life and never used a rod and reel.

John

Cone

That's awesome Sal. I can see the family resemblance.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Bryan Young

Wow that is one awesome catch. Who would have thought that little spinning setup in the picture could bring in such a fantastic fish. I see that fishing is in the blood Sal...like your good looks.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Newell Nut

Very nice catch. Thanks for posting Sal.

harryk3616

fantastic,  boy look at the smile on his face.  beautiful fish and a reel beautiful result from hooking your brother up. my best too you and your family.   harryk

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Mandelstam

Nice pic! And a nice story!

:)
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Alto Mare

Glad you've enjoyed it.
My brother has the life, retired from the US Navy and now traveling the world.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

I'll be joining him in just a few short years!! Of course, some of those years will be underwater on a submarine.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Sal, that is a giant grin on Mike's face.  Good for him.  Both of you have to feel good.  8) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

DaBigOno

What a beautiful fish! 

Thanks for sharing Sal.
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono