kid's fishing program

Started by alantani, June 17, 2010, 07:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i ordered up 20 shimano rods and 20 okuma reels from the fisherman's warehouse in san jose and have been staring at them for the last several months.  thanks to bryan young and jim nomura for finally getting the drags switched out on the reels.  these rod and reel sets will be donated to http://www.discoverangling.com/ and will be used for all of their future potluck trips in san francisco bay.  the next trip is week away.  the kids are coming from http://www.flyprogram.org/index.html.  it's a rough and tumble group.  some of these kids have seen some pretty hard times.  anyway, next week they get to go fishing!

a bunch of you have donated rods and reels that i've been able to turn around and sell, and some of you have even donated cash!  just wanted to let you know where it's gone.  about $1K in rods and reels and $1k in cash went into the trip last year.  another $1k in cash is going into this upcoming trip.  $2k was sunk into these rods and reels that will be used for this trip and future trips.  i've got another couple of hundred for terminal tackle and prizes for next week.  gotta drop into the fisherman's warehouse again.  my heartfelt thanks to all of you.  alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Quote from: Kayote on June 17, 2010, 03:33:02 PM
Alan,

Thank you for working so hard for the future of our sport. I am involved in a youth fishing program where I live also and we get fishing gear for kids at cost from Shakespeare. They are fantastic about helping out with huge discounts on gear when it's for kids to promote the sport. Huge kudos to Shakespeare by the way. You may want to call my contact with the company to see if you can stretch those donated dollars. Shakespeare has the Ugly Stick line of ocean rods and Pflueger reels, as well as many other fine products. They actually have a whole catalog with discount prices just for youth programs. Here is the contact info.:

Shakespeare Fishing Tackle
Roxanne Coleman
Director of Consumer Services, Warranty and Youth Programs
3801 Westmore Drive
Columbia, SC 29223

(803)754-7000 Ext 3146
(800)334-9105

roxanne@shakespeare-fishing.com

Ed

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!