Shark Handles

Started by Shark Hunter, March 22, 2014, 05:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I got my Shark Handles from Adam (Three se7ens) today. Its a good Day to Be the Shark Hunter! ;D
They need polishing and a little tweaking, but they are all I expected them to be. ;) Thank You Adam! ;)
Life is Good!

Topshot

Ok that's just plain badass!!
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

These are more than a chore to polish. I spent about an hour shaping the hole for an ss sleeve, shaping the edges a bit, and taking some sharpness off the tail. All that's left is the engraving. Its shiny enough for me. :D
Life is Good!

surfcaster

That's cool!  looks like it could double as a beer opener too.

Keta

Quote from: surfcaster on March 23, 2014, 02:25:09 PM
.... looks like it could double as a beer opener too.

I thought the same thing, I had a "church key" that looked somewhat similar.  
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Not as Nice as yours Lee. ;)
But it will do. :D
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 23, 2014, 03:28:14 AM
These are more than a chore to polish. I spent about an hour shaping the hole for an ss sleeve, shaping the edges a bit, and taking some sharpness off the tail. All that's left is the engraving. Its shiny enough for me. :D
Daron:  I have one coming.  I did not know something had to be done to make it fit the 9/0.  What needs to be done?  That question goes to Se7en Seas also.  Dominck
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 23, 2014, 08:49:53 PM
Not as Nice as yours Lee. ;)
But it will do. :D

Nothing that 30-45 minutes on the belt sander and polishing wheel can't cure.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

I have stainless sleeves in all my 114H's and 9/0's. It took a little filing to get it to fit. If you have a brass sleeve, which is what these were modeled on. It should fit without as much modification. This type of thing can be expected with custom parts like these. The handle holes are perfect for the counter bored spindle. For a first Run, I think Adam did quite well! ;D
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 23, 2014, 10:18:26 PM
I have stainless sleeves in all my 114H's and 9/0's. It took a little filing to get it to fit. If you have a brass sleeve, which is what these were modeled on. It should fit without as much modification. This type of thing can be expected with custom parts like these. The handle holes are perfect for the counter bored spindle. For a first Run, I think Adam did quite well! ;D
I have a SS sleeve for the 9/0.  I am thinking about what is the best way to double dog it.  I don't know if my friend Sal has the expertise to do a double dog on a 9/0.   ;) Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Three se7ens

I fitted each one to the brass sleeve 114h I have, and they fit fine, if not a hair tight. If the SS sleeves are oversize, I'll change the drawing to suit.  As it is  I spent more time filing than I wanted to...

Dominick

The SS sleeve should be the same size as the brass.  I haven't gotten to mine yet.  Dominick

maxpowers

Not to threadjack...but

Adam,

Is it possible to get these in the smaller reels like the 113H and jigmasters?  Also could we do other fish like amberjack and tuna?

Thanks,

erikpowell

I like it Daron!  There'll be no mistaking what you're hunting on the beach. sick  ;)

Quote from: surfcaster on March 23, 2014, 02:25:09 PM
That's cool!  looks like it could double as a beer opener too.

Now we're talking!! 

Three se7ens

Quote from: maxpowers on March 24, 2014, 04:32:12 AM
Not to threadjack...but

Adam,

Is it possible to get these in the smaller reels like the 113H and jigmasters?  Also could we do other fish like amberjack and tuna?

Thanks,

I'm already on it.  I've got a 113h I can test fit parts to, but none of the smaller ones.  I'll need to get my hands on a jig master sleeve to fit the parts to.  The shop is a bit backed up at the moment, but I'll see if I can fit in a few of the shark handles for the 113h this week, and start drawing some new designs.