Some more cast net pics

Started by Cone, March 22, 2014, 11:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

Some more pictures of the cast net build.
This is a photo of the horn in place in the top of the net.

This is a side view. It looks like I missed one of the loops in the double selvage in the top of the net. I will have to check it out.

I hang my leadl line about waist high. I hung it on a chain link fence for pictures.

I started off at a seam. I tied a constrictor knot. Then the line went through a mesh was pulled tight and secured with two half hitches (clove hitch). This was done again and on the third mesh a lead was slid to the last knot, the line was passed through a mesh and a half hitch with the line pulled tight.

Then another half hitch to secure  the lead.

The next two mesh were attached to the lead line.

This was continued around the bottom of the net. The lead line was spliced inside the last lead. The lead was crimped on the line ends and the twine tied.

Then the brailles and hand line were put in the net and I spread the net with the inside up.

Then I tied the end of each braille to the lead line. I used 32 brailles with 28 brailes 8 leads apart ans 4 brailles 9 leads apart. The knot is temporary until I crimp the sleeves.

I then tied a few pieces of twine to the horn. This will hold up the net when I do the crimps.

Thats all I have time for today. It's supposed to rain the next couple of days. I guess I'll finish it when the weather lets me.
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

buitrechico

Ricardo Dell´Aquila

Dominick

That's pretty neat Bob.  Did anyone notice a preying mantis in the grass in one of the photos?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on August 03, 2014, 11:13:01 PM
That's pretty neat Bob.  Did anyone notice a preying mantis in the grass in one of the photos?  Dominick
Put the bottle down Dominick ::).

Nice Job on that net Bob ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cone

Dominick, I second the suggestion to put down the Zin. I have seen a few praying mantises in the yard but I think your seeing some St. Augustine grass. I'm sure the Zin really makes it pop.  ;)  ;D  ;D  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD