ABU REVON INSHORE HANDLE COMPATIBLE?

Started by f15h1n6, March 24, 2014, 10:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f15h1n6

Is the blue gen3 revo inshore able to fit the abu ambassadeur reels? If so, does any one have an extra theyd part with?

Ken_D

Quote from: f15h1n6 on March 24, 2014, 10:17:41 PM
Is the blue gen3 revo inshore able to fit the abu ambassadeur reels? If so, does any one have an extra theyd part with?

It prolly will. Look up the drawing, and record the handle nut part number. Then call 1-800-abugarcia, and ask if that handle nut is the same threads as the regular round 3-4-5-6 reels. Should be, but one never knows. Early Revos when they first came out, used the same diameter driveshaft as the roundy reels, so sight unseen, I doubt they would have changed to another diameter, over time.

f15h1n6

Was able to call ABU today and the lady said it is not interchangeable. I find it hard to believe so I may just find a tackle shop that has one and try it out with my ambassadeur.

Ken_D

Is this it ????         http://tinyurl.com/lrg3l6u    If it is, I can see why you got your answer.... the star on your reel will interfere with the handle, so you will need to go back to the 80's for a smaller star so the indent of the handle will _not_ prevent the star arms from deploying. Or: chop yours off, and re-round the ends. There's plenty of small stars at pure fishing, from 4.00 on up to triple that.

This all contingent with the driveshaft being the same threads as your 3-4-5-6 reel. The handle nut looks to be the same as any of the 3-4-5-6 type round reels.  What is the exact model and designation of the revo you need. There are over 100 drawings at Pure fishing, which I'm really not set up to open trial and error till I find it for part numbers, etc.