DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 750SS AND A 7500

Started by OSIRIS631, March 26, 2014, 02:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OSIRIS631

Good Morning to all,

Guys is there a difference between the internal working and parts of a Penn 750 ss and a 7500 ss

Regards,

John
Sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the tree.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

compared the 7500 schematics to my 750SS i would definitely say they're exactly the same...

OSIRIS631

Good afternoon Mel,

Thank you so very much for the feedback, good looking out!

Regards,

John
Sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the tree.

LTM

WAIT A MINUTE!

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!. The parts are for the most part interchangeable, however the materials are different. See my posts this section for more info.

LTM/Leo

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Leo,

so basically the parts are the same, especially internally, it's just the composition(material) of the parts. please correct me if i'm wrong... look at the schematics side by side all the internal parts have the same key #s.

LTM

Quote from: Mel B on March 26, 2014, 08:50:52 PM
Leo,

so basically the parts are the same, especially internally, it's just the composition(material) of the parts. please correct me if i'm wrong... look at the schematics side by side all the internal parts have the same key #s.
Yes Sir,

Leo

MFB

My 850 (sold) had a different handle than my 8500SS. I swapped the gears in them so now my 8500SS has bronze gears.  Now you can't  swap the handle without changing the pivot pin. My 7500SS aka the red baron already had bronze gears when I got it & can swap sides without changing.

Rgds

Mark 
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Cone

The 750ss came with a brass gear. The handle pivot had to be changed to swap from right to left hand retrieve. They also had a brass screw in the non handle side. Somewhere in the 7500 line they changed the main to allow switching the handle without changing the pivot. The early ones were the same as the old 750ss except I don't remember the screw on the non handle side.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

looked at the 750SS schematics again and lo and behold 2 versions were produced. not all are exactly the same. therefore i stand corrected.

mine is the new version that does not use 9A-750(standard drive screw) so there's no need for 2 handle pivots. also the 750's(new version) main gear is 8N-750 while the 7500's is 8P-7500. both, new version 750 and the 7500, use the same pivot 15G-850 and the rest of the parts are the same.   new or later version 750SS=7500SS, i'm assuming the difference in the main gears' part #s is material used ??? ??? ???

btw the older 750SS' main gear part no is 8-750.

man! i going nuts editing this post... ;D ;D ;D